Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Dad with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Cartoon Dad.
"Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad."
- Wade Boggs, American baseball player
Father, dad, daddy, pa, papa, padre - whatever you call him, a dad is a special person. Biologically speaking, a father is the male parent. Uncles, adoptive fathers, and others may also fill this role.
Throughout history, fathers have been expected to provide for their children's necessities, teach them, and discipline them. They may also serve as secondary or primary caregivers during infancy and childhood.
The "father figure" - who may or may not be a child's biological father - is often looked to for guidance, especially by male children.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The dad in our cartoon drawing guide fits the archetype of "dad" from the twentieth century. He has a mustache and wears a tie to work in an office. But dads can have many different appearances. Some are athletes. Some are scientists. A few are even kings! Whatever your dad is like, you can show him how much you appreciate him by drawing him a picture today.
Would you like to draw a cartoon father? This easy, step-by-step cartoon character drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Dad
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Dad for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing an oval to outline the man's face. Draw two straight lines across it, one vertical and one horizontal. The lines should meet at a perpendicular angle. These guide lines will help you place the features of the face.
Easy Cartoon Dad Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the eyes, the bottoms overlapping the horizontal guide line. Use curved lines to outline the bulbous teardrop shape. Draw a circle within each eye to form the pupil. Then, use a pair of curved lines to draw each eyebrow, pointed on one end.
Easy Cartoon Dad Drawing - Step 3
3. Erase the horizontal guide line. Use "C" shaped lines to enclose the ears. Draw a curved line for the nose, and then draw the mustache. Extend curved lines beneath the nose, and connect them with a series of short curved lines. Contour the chin with a curved line.
Easy Cartoon Dad Drawing - Step 4
4. Erase the vertical guide line. Then, use overlapping curved lines to sketch the dad's hair.
Easy Cartoon Dad Drawing - Step 5
5. Erase guide lines from the hair. Then, enclose the neck with a "V" shaped line below the head. Use straight lines to enclose the rectangular collars of the shirt. Then, use overlapping curved lines to draw the sleeves and torso of the shirt.
Easy Cartoon Dad Drawing - Step 6
6. Next, draw the necktie. Use curved lines to enclose the rounded knot, and straight lines for the inverted-pentagon shape of the tie. Draw a line beneath it to form the placket, or buttoned opening the shirt. Use curved lines to enclose the rectangular pocket.
Easy Cartoon Dad Drawing - Step 7
7. Next, draw the pants. Use curved lines to draw the sides of the pants and the rise, or seam where the legs join. Then, draw short lines just below the shirt to form the belt loops and belt buckled. Connect them at the bottom with curved lines to enclose the belt.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Dad Picture - Step 8
8. Use curved lines to draw the arms, the hands in the pockets, and the thumb looped over the top of the pockets.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Dad Drawing - Step 9
9. Use curved lines to draw the legs of the pants, connected at the bottom with a curved line. Draw curved lines to indicate the creases in the pants. Then, use curved lines to outline the pointed shoes.
Color Your Cartoon Dad Drawing
Color your drawing of a dad.
For more great Really Easy drawing tutorials, see the 51 Easy Really Easy Art Projects for Kids post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Dad Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).