Learn how to draw a great looking Flower Bouquet with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Flower Bouquet.
The practice of making bouquets is very old. The earliest records of such come from ancient Egypt, over 4,000 years ago.
In Victorian England, floral bouquets were used as a way to send messages. Each flower had a meaning, as did its color and the way it was arranged.
"Flower dictionaries" were written to help people understand the messages they received and to send the correct messages to others.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Today, bouquets may be used as adornment or given as gifts on special occasions, such as at weddings, dances, anniversaries, Valentine's Day, or dates, as well as to cheer the sick or at funerals.
While most people don't associate flowers with a secret message, this gift is often understood to express love or sympathy.
Would you like to draw a bouquet of flowers? Doing so is easy with the help of this simple, step-by-step drawing guide.
All you will need is a sheet of paper, a pencil, and colored pencils or crayons.
Step by Step Instructions for Drawing a Flower Bouquet
How to Draw a Great Looking Flower Bouquet for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing your first flower. Draw a circle to form the center of the flower. Then, enclose rounded shapes around the center using "U" shaped lines. These are the flower's petals.
Easy Flower Bouquet Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a second flower. Sketch a small circle for the flower's center, and use "U" shaped lines to enclose the petals.
Easy Flower Bouquet Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the third flower. Draw a circle to form the flower's center. Then, enclose the petals using "U" shaped lines.
Easy Flower Bouquet Drawing - Step 4
4. Next, you will draw a different type of flower - the tulip. From behind one of the first flowers, extend a pair of straight, parallel lines to form the stem. At the end of the lines, draw a large "U" shaped line. This forms the bottom of the flower. Next, use a series of curved lines in the shape of a "W" to connect the ends of the "U," enclosing the blossom. Repeat this process on the opposite side of the bouquet to draw another tulip.
Easy Flower Bouquet Drawing - Step 5
5. Using a "U" shaped line and a "W" shaped line, draw another tulip peeking out from behind the other flowers.
Easy Flower Bouquet Drawing - Step 6
6. Next, sketch the greenery or leaves of the bouquet. For each leaf, use two curved lines that meet in a point on the end. Allow the leaves to connect at the bottom, filling in the spaces between the flowers.
Easy Flower Bouquet Drawing - Step 7
7. Continue to draw additional overlapping leaves until the shape of the bouquet is enclosed. Detail some of the leaves by drawing a leaf vein, a curved line down the middle of the leaf.
Add More Details to Your Flower Bouquet Picture - Step 8
8. Fill in your bouquet with more small flowers. Draw two parallel lines for the stem, and a circle for the flower's center. Then, extend a curved line to enclose the petals. Notice the wavy pattern on the end of each petal. Repeat until your bouquet is as full of flowers as you wish.
Complete the Outline of Your Flower Bouquet Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw the stems of the bouquet. Extend a pair of lines downward, angling towards one another. Connect the lines by enclosing a flattened, irregular shape. This will form the ribbon tied around the bouquet. Extend another set of lines from the ribbon, and connect these lines with a series of jagged, connected, curved lines.
Enclose teardrop shapes to form the ribbon's bow, and pairs of lines that end with a "V" shaped line to form the ribbon's cut ends. Detail the stems and ribbon with curved lines
Color Your Flower Bouquet Drawing
10. Color your bouquet, but don't stop there. We have many other flower drawing guides for you to choose from.
For more great Mother's Day drawing tutorials, see the 17 Easy and Fun Mother's Day Drawing Ideas post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Flower Bouquet Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).