Learn how to draw a great looking Vase with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Vase.
A vase is a type of open container that has been used throughout human history. Today, vases most often hold flowers, but in the past, they were used for storing oils, perfumes, wine, and other products.
Other perishable items, such as paper scrolls, were also stored in vases. In fact, the famous Dead Sea Scrolls were found in vase-like jars!
The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City has nearly 30,000 vases in its art collections. The oldest is a terracotta alabastron vase dated circa 480 to 470 B.C.
Vases are among the most valuable collectibles and artifacts in the world. For example, the Chinese Qianlong vase set records when it sold at auction for 53 million dollars.
It is 16 inches tall and was created during the 1700s. It is one of at least four Chinese vases that have sold for over 1 million dollars.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
In popular culture, if vases aren't being used to hold flowers, they are often getting broken. Many cartoons hold instances of children breaking a vase and trying to hide it. Other movies contain plot points in which very old, very valuable vases get broken - or one of the characters tries very hard to prevent such a breakage.
Would you like to draw a cartoon vase? This easy, step-by-step cartoon object drawing tutorial is here to show you how.
All you will need is a pen, pencil, marker, or crayon and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Vase
How to Draw a Great Looking Vase for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by outlining the vase. Use a short curved line for the top and a long curved line, doubled back upon itself, for the vase body.
Easy Vase Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a curved line across the top to section off the vase’s mouth. Use two curved lines to enclose a gently double-pointed shape, outlining the vase’s lip.
Easy Vase Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw curved lines across the neck of the vase.
Easy Vase Drawing - Step 4
4. Begin to decorate the vase. Use curved lines to outline a flower or five-pointed star.
Easy Vase Drawing - Step 5
5. Continue to decorate the vase, drawing part of a large star shape using curved lines that meet at gentle points.
Easy Vase Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw another partial star shape on the vase’s body.
Easy Vase Drawing - Step 7
7. Turn your stars into flowers by drawing a small circle at the center of each.
Add More Details to Your Vase Picture - Step 8
8. Draw small ovals between the petals of the flowers.
Complete the Outline of Your Vase Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw the foot of the vase. Extend two short straight lines below the vase, and connect them with a curved line. Then band the foot with another curved line.
Color Your Vase Drawing
Color your cartoon vase. Many of the world's most famous vases are adorned with bright colors.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Vase Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).