Learn how to draw a great looking Football helmet with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Football helmet.
The football helmet is one of a football player's most important pieces of equipment. It protects his skull and brain from serious injuries, such as concussions.
Football helmets have four main parts - a hard outer shell, thick interior padding, a metal facemask, and a chinstrap to keep it in place.
Some football helmets also have visors to protect the eyes, radio transmitters for communication, or sensors which record information when impact occurs.
While different forms of football have been around for hundreds of years, the football helmet did not come into use until the 1890s.
Early football helmets were made of leather. Plastic helmets were invented in the 1930s, and became the rule in professional football by the early 1950s.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Around the same time, teams began to display their logos on their helmets. The first team to do so was the Los Angels Rams. Their logo was a ram's horn. As of 2018, only one NFL team, the Cleveland Browns, abstains from using a helmet logo.
The helmet itself is also a logo, representing professional, college, and high school football.
Fall leaves and football helmets are often pictured together. It is especially prominent on clothing and party supplies during the Super Bowl season in February of each year.
Would you like to draw a football helmet and color it to match your favorite team? Doing so is easier than ever with the help of this simple, step-by-step drawing tutorial. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. Don't forget your colored pencils, markers, or crayons as well.
Step by Step Instructions for Drawing a Football Helmet
How to Draw a Great Looking Football helmet for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a circle. This will help you to outline the shape of the helmet.
Easy Football helmet Drawing - Step 2
2. Use a long, curved line to give the football helmet a more detailed shape. Notice how the line winds in and out of the circle to form the shape.
Easy Football helmet Drawing - Step 3
3. Erase the guide lines left by the original circle.
Easy Football helmet Drawing - Step 4
4. Enclose a rounded rectangle at the front of the helmet, just above the opening. Then, use two curved lines to craft a stripe running across the top and front of the helmet.
Easy Football helmet Drawing - Step 5
5. Use curved lines of various lengths to begin crafting the face mask. Use one set of lines to enclose a portion of the mask above the opening. Notice the rounded area where the mask connects to the helmet, and the wires of the face mask extending towards the opening.
Easy Football helmet Drawing - Step 6
6. Use pairs of long, curved lines to craft the wires of the face mask. Continue the lines that ended at the edge of the helmet. Note that an additional line extends from the point where the face mask connects to the helmet.
Easy Football helmet Drawing - Step 7
7. Continue to enclose wires of the face mask using pairs of long, curved lines. Note the rectangular shape that some of the wires form, and how others appear to end as they curve away from the viewer.
Add More Details to Your Football helmet Picture - Step 8
8. Continue to draw the face mask on the far side of the helmet. Again, use a pair of parallel lines to craft each wire.
Complete the Outline of Your Football helmet Drawing - Step 9
9. Use curved lines to sketch the far side of the helmet. Add additional detail to the areas where the face mask connects to the helmet - a crossed circle at the side and two small rectangles at the top of the face mask. Erase guide lines as necessary.
Color Your Football helmet Drawing
10. Color your football helmet. What are the official colors of your favorite team?
For more great Back to School drawing tutorials, see the 39 Easy Back to School Drawing Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Football helmet Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).