Learn how to draw a great looking Happy New Year Card with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial, plus FREE printable pages.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Happy New Year Card.
New Year festivals are celebrated around the world. According to the Encyclopedia Britannica, they are "among the oldest and the most universally observed."
Did you know? Not everyone celebrates New Year's on December 31/January 1. The earliest New Year festivals in Mesopotamia were variously celebrated in March, September, October, or December. The Western world adopted the current calendar several hundred years ago.
The Chinese New Year falls in late January and early February, and in Thailand the New Year is celebrated in March or April.
Celebrations differ throughout the world. In Asia, many customs have religious significance. Elsewhere, New Year's Eve is considered a party to "note the passing of time with both regret and anticipation." A baby is a common symbol of the new year.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw a cartoon of a New Year's celebration? This simple, step-by-step cartoon bubble letters drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, a sheet of paper, and some bright colors.
Do you love the written word? You can also learn how to draw a card for mom or to say "I Love You."
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Happy New Year Card
How to Draw a Great Looking Happy New Year Card for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by outlining the bold capital letters "HAP." This begins the words "HAPPY NEW YEAR."
Easy Happy New Year Card Drawing - Step 2
2. Use curved and straight lines to outline the letters "PY" and "NE."
Easy Happy New Year Card Drawing - Step 3
3. Use straight lines to outline the letter "W" and the letters "YEA." Notice that the corners of the letters are rounded.
Easy Happy New Year Card Drawing - Step 4
4. Complete the words by outlining the letter "R." Then, draw an exclamation point (!). To do so, first draw a small oval near the base of the "R." Above it, draw a long curved line that doubles back upon itself. This exclamation point is three-dimensional, so continue one side of the line over its top, then draw curved lines overlapping the other end of the line to nearly enclose a curved rectangular shape. It should look like the top of the punctuation mark is folded over on itself. Then, erase part of the "W." Close the opening by drawing a rounded triangle with a circle at its uppermost point. The "W" is now wearing a party hat!
Easy Happy New Year Card Drawing - Step 5
5. Erase part of the letter "Y." Draw a curved line across the opening, and a rounded triangle around it. At the top, use "U" shaped lines to enclose a round starburst shape. The "Y" is wearing a party hat, too. Draw curved lines around the "H," and small five-pointed stars above the word "HAPPY."
Easy Happy New Year Card Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw small ovals on the curved lines to create a string of lights. Draw another curved line above the "R," with small circles along it. Draw a circle in the upper corner, with small four-pointed stars at its edges.
Easy Happy New Year Card Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw another string of lights using a long curved line and small circles. Draw a streamer using two wavy curved lines, parallel to each other and attached on each end. At the bottom of the page, draw a wrapped gift or present. First, draw a square with rounded corners. Draw two vertical lines across it to indicate the ribbon. Then, enclose one small and two large round shapes on top to form the bow.
Add More Details to Your Happy New Year Card Picture - Step 8
8. Draw another, smaller present, again using a square, vertical lines, and round shapes. In the opposite corner, draw a horizontal rectangle and band it with two vertical lines. Draw another streamer using pairs of wavy lines.
Complete the Outline of Your Happy New Year Card Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a bow on top of the remaining present. Draw a long ribbon using two curved lines, connected by small lines on each end. Then, draw small rounded rectangles of confetti all over the page.
Color Your Happy New Year Card Drawing
Color your New Year's cartoon.
For more great Man-Made cartoons drawing tutorials, see the 51 Simple Man-Made cartoons Drawing Ideas post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!