Learn how to draw a great looking Heart with Arrow with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Heart with Arrow.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Love is a virtually universal part of the human experience. Typically represented with the heart symbol, people can experience romantic, platonic or unrequited love. This cartoon heart with arrow drawing represents falling in love with another person.
In Western culture, people believe that love comes from the heart even though it technically comes from your brain.
People often associate this cartoon heart with an arrow with Cupid, who shoots people with his arrows to make them fall in love. You'll also see heart with arrow outlines on Valentine's Day gifts, like cards and boxes of chocolate.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Use this guide to draw a heart with arrow outline, then fill it in with romantic colors that make you feel warm and fuzzy.
You can make a Valentine's Day gift or give this drawing to a loved one any time of the year. You could also hang up this drawing in your room and think about your favorite people whenever you look at it.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Heart Hands, Jar of Love, and "Love" in Bubble Letters.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Heart with Arrow
How to Draw a Great Looking Heart with Arrow for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Draw a large heart shape in the middle of the page. Leave space on either side of the heart for the arrow.
Easy Heart with Arrow Drawing - Step 2
2. On the right side of the heart, draw two diagonal lines, then connect them with two curved lines. Make two small hill shapes on the other side of the lines.
Easy Heart with Arrow Drawing - Step 3
3. For the top of the arrow, start with two straight lines about an inch apart. Draw a hill, make a rectangle shape and sketch another hill to connect the two lines.
Easy Heart with Arrow Drawing - Step 4
4. Next, draw two straight lines pointing outward. Repeat the previous step but from the opposite angle.
Easy Heart with Arrow Drawing - Step 5
5. Sketch lines inside the arrow.
Easy Heart with Arrow Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw two more lines inside the arrow, then add two curves underneath. On the bottom-left side of the heart, draw two lines and connect them with a curve.
Easy Heart with Arrow Drawing - Step 7
7. To start the tip of the arrow, draw two straight lines and connect them with a triangle. Draw a hook on the left to make a shape like a shovel.
Add More Details to Your Heart with Arrow Picture - Step 8
8. Sketch the right side of the arrow, and draw a V-shape inside the arrow tip.
Complete the Outline of Your Heart with Arrow Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw teardrop shapes underneath the heart.
Color Your Heart with Arrow Drawing
Outline the cartoon heart with arrow with your black marker or pen. Erase the extra pencil lines.
To complete your drawing, fill in the heart with arrow outline with red. Use different shades of red for the shadow and highlights. Color the arrow with brown, then use light blue for the tip and white for the "feathers" at the top.
For more great Heart drawing tutorials, see the 36 Easy to Draw Heart Drawing Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Heart with Arrow Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).