Learn how to draw a great looking Love in Bubble Letters with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Love in Bubble Letters.
"L is for the way you look at me
O is for the only one I see
V is very, very extraordinary
E is even more than anyone that you adore can
Love is all that I can give to you
Love is more than just a game for two
Two in love can make it
Take my heart and please don't break it
Love was made for me and you"
- "LOVE," song by Frank Sinatra
Love is defined as "a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person." In English, the word "love" describes a range of emotions, ranging from a romantic attraction to familial loyalty and friendship. Love is often symbolized by the shape of the heart.
The heart emerged as a symbol of love several hundred years ago. Its association with love may have been quite an accident.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The "bubble letter" style we use in this drawing guide is credited to an aerosol writing or graffiti artist known by the pseudonym Phase 2. This style of writing is also known as "softies." It is popular in the Japanese anime and manga art style.
Would you like to draw a cartoon of the word "LOVE" in bubble letters? This easy, step-by-step cartoon drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a pencil, pen, marker, or crayon and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing. You can use this drawing guide to make a sweet card for someone you love!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing "Love" in Bubble Letters
How to Draw a Great Looking Love in Bubble Letters for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by sketching the letter "L." First, draw an "L" shaped line. Extend a curved line from one end of it, and allow it to run basically parallel to the letter. Attach it at the opposite end.
Easy Love in Bubble Letters Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the letter "O." Enclose a small oval inside a large oval. The large oval should be partially hidden by the letter "L."
Easy Love in Bubble Letters Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the letter "V." First, draw two straight lines in the shape of a "V." Attach one side of the "V" to the letter "O" using a curved line. Extend a curved line from the opposite side of the "V." Curve it around roughly parallel to the "V," and attach it to the "O."
Easy Love in Bubble Letters Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the letter "E." Extend a straight line down from the arm of the "V." Curve it around and double it back upon itself three times to form the arms of the "E" before attaching it to the top of the "V."
Easy Love in Bubble Letters Drawing - Step 5
5. Bubbles reflect light. Draw a curved shape at the top of each letter to give it a three-dimensional appearance.
Easy Love in Bubble Letters Drawing - Step 6
6. Add more dimension to the bubbles by drawing lines parallel to the right and bottom sides.
Easy Love in Bubble Letters Drawing - Step 7
7. Begin outlining the letters to make them "pop" off the page in three-dimensional style. Draw curved lines along the right side and bottoms of the "L" and "O." Don't forget to draw a curved line through the center of the "O."
Add More Details to Your Love in Bubble Letters Picture - Step 8
8. Draw curved lines along the right side and bottom of the "V" and "E."
Complete the Outline of Your Love in Bubble Letters Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw small hearts above, below, and beside the word "LOVE." Give the hearts a three-dimensional bubble shape by drawing a curved line parallel to one side.
Color Your Love in Bubble Letters Drawing
Color the word "LOVE." Typically, pink and red are colors used to express this emotion.
For more great Things to draw tutorials, see the 100 Cute Things to draw Designs post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Love in Bubble Letters Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).