Learn how to draw a great looking Jar of Love with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Jar of Love.
"Who do you think you are?
Runnin' 'round leaving scars,
Collecting your jar of hearts, and
Tearing love apart."
- "Jar of Hearts," song by Christina Perri
Would you like to show someone how much you care? Why not catch your feelings in a jar, a jar of love! Learn how to draw a jar of love (or a jar of heart-shaped candies) with the help of this sweet drawing guide.
Love "encompasses a range of strong and positive emotional and mental states, from the most sublime virtue or good habit, the deepest interpersonal affection, to the simplest pleasure."
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
There are so many different feelings encompassed by the word "love." You love your dog, you love your best friend, you love your girlfriend or boyfriend, you love your mom, you love your favorite band and your favorite shirt, and you love ice cream.
Yet, you love them each in a different way. Whoever you love, you can show them with this jar of hearts. You can even edit the words on the hearts to indicate the depth of your feelings, from admiration to friendship to romance.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Jar of Love
How to Draw a Great Looking Jar of Love for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing the jar's lid. First, draw two long, straight, horizontal lines. Draw a short curved line at each end. Connect these short lines with a straight line, completing the rectangle-like shape.
Easy Jar of Love Drawing - Step 2
2. Texture the lid. Draw a pair of straight, horizontal lines across the lid. Then, draw many vertical lines between them.
Easy Jar of Love Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the side of the jar. Use a short curved line and a long curved line.
Easy Jar of Love Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the opposite side of the jar, creating a mirror image of the first. Again, use a short curved line and a long curved line.
Easy Jar of Love Drawing - Step 5
5. Connect the lines at the bottom using two curved lines. This outlines the base of the jar.
Easy Jar of Love Drawing - Step 6
6. Next, begin drawing the hearts within the jar. Notice that two of the hearts are whole, while the others are partially hidden.
Easy Jar of Love Drawing - Step 7
7. Continue drawing hearts within the jar. Note that each one is partially hidden by the others.
Add More Details to Your Jar of Love Picture - Step 8
8. Continue drawing hearts to fill the jar. Notice how they overlap.
Complete the Outline of Your Jar of Love Drawing - Step 9
9. Write sweet sentiments on some of the hearts, like "Love you," "hug me," "Kiss me," and "XOX," which stands for "hugs and kisses." Can you write in a fancy cursive script like in our example? Don't forget to dot your i's with little hearts!
Color Your Jar of Love Drawing
Color your cartoon jar of love. Are those sweet candies or heart-shaped Valentine's cards? The choice is yours.
For more great Valentine's Day drawing tutorials, see the 15 Valentine's Day Drawing Ideas for Kids post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Jar of Love Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).