Learn how to draw a great looking Heart Hands with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Heart Hands.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
How can you use your hands to say "I love you"? You could use American Sign Language, folding the middle and ring fingers across the palm while extending the thumb, pointer finger, and pinky. You could hold hands with your loved one, or you could fold your hands in prayer.
Another option is making the shape of a heart with your hands. You can learn how to draw this gesture with the help of our cartoon hand drawing tutorial.
As the anonymous maxim goes, "Sometimes your heart speaks best through your hands."
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The heart-shaped hand gesture is very popular in photography, especially social media and wedding photography.
A person might outline something they love - for example, the sun in the sky, a favorite pet, or a tasty ice cream - with their hands. Or, a dating, engaged, or newly married couple might combine their hands to make the shape.
Did you know? The association of the heart shape with romantic love might have been an accident. In an illustration from the mid-thirteenth century, a young man hands a heart-shaped object to his love.
It could have been a representation of a literal heart or a piece of fruit - but the classic heart shape was created by his finger partially hiding it!
Now, it's time to use your hands and draw this lovely image!
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Holding Hands, Praying Hands, and Body Outline.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Heart Hands
How to Draw a Great Looking Heart Hands for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by using a series of overlapping curved lines to draw the segments of the pointer fingers. The fingertips should meet at the top. Outline the side of the thumbnail and each fingertip using short straight lines.
Easy Heart Hands Drawing - Step 2
2. Continue to draw the left hand using long, overlapping curved lines. One line indicates the skin between the pointer finger and thumb. The second outlines the pad of the outstretched thumb.
Easy Heart Hands Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw long, overlapping curved lines to indicate the skin and thumb of the right hand, forming a mirror image of the left.
Easy Heart Hands Drawing - Step 4
4. Continue to draw the thumb using overlapping curved lines. Use short lines for the thumb, nail and joint, and a long line for the back of the thumb and side of the hand.
Easy Heart Hands Drawing - Step 5
5. Use a long curved line to outline the top of the pointer finger. Use curved lines to contour the nail, joints, and the skin between the thumb and pointer finger.
Easy Heart Hands Drawing - Step 6
6. Use a long curved line to trace the top of the middle finger and the back of the hand. Note the bends of the knuckles or joints. Use a short line to indicate the fingernail.
Easy Heart Hands Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the remaining thumb. Use short, overlapping curved lines for the fingernail and knuckle. Then, use a long curved line for the back of the thumb and side of the hand.
Add More Details to Your Heart Hands Picture - Step 8
8. Use a long curved line to outline the top of the pointer finger, noting the squared corners of the knuckles. Contour the fingernail, knuckles, and skin between the thumb and finger with short curved lines.
Complete the Outline of Your Heart Hands Drawing - Step 9
9. Use a long curved line to draw the remaining middle finger and the back of the hand, noting the contours of the knuckles. Mark the fingernail using a short line.
Color Your Heart Hands Drawing
Color your cartoon of hands making the shape of a heart.
For more great Heart drawing tutorials, see the 36 Simple Heart Drawing Ideas post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Heart Hands Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).