Learn how to draw a great looking Hummingbird Feeder with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Hummingbird Feeder.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Would you like to learn how to draw a hummingbird feeder? This easy, step-by-step cartoon object drawing guide will help you learn to draw a hummingbird feeder outline.
If you live in North or South America, you can attract a special visitor to your yard. Hummingbirds are small birds that feed on the nectar from flowers. They also love to drink sweetened water from hummingbird feeders!
Do you want to feed the hummingbirds? You can buy a specialized hummingbird feeder at many stores. The flower-shaped openings and red coloration tell the birds that they will find a sweet treat inside.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Fill your hummingbird feeder with a 4:1 mixture of water and sugar. Boil the water first to remove chemicals, and use only white sugar, as other types can be harmful.
Don't add red food coloring, as this can also poison the birds.
Alternatively, you can attract hummingbirds by planting trumpet-shaped flowers in your yard.
Use this tutorial to illustrate the hummingbirds you see on your birding life list!
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Porg from Star Wars, Rooster, and Pigeon.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Hummingbird Feeder
How to Draw a Great Looking Hummingbird Feeder for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the hummingbird feeder outline by sketching the top of the feeder. First, use curved lines to outline a “C” or crescent moon shape.
This is the hanger. Below it, use a curved line to enclose a semicircle shape. Extend another curved line to enclose yet another, larger half-circle shape.
Easy Hummingbird Feeder Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a set of parallel lines upward from the hanger, erasing as necessary. This is the wire or cord from which the feeder is suspended. Below the top of the feeder, extend two long curved lines and connect them at the bottom with an additional curved line.
This inverted bottle shape holds the hummingbird food. Draw an oval in the middle of the bottle to indicate the liquid inside. Then, detail the bottom of the bottle with a curved line.
Easy Hummingbird Feeder Drawing - Step 3
3. Use a long curved line to enclose another half-circle shape to form the base of the feeder. Then, draw a daisy-like flower on it. Use a circle for the flower’s center and “U” shaped lines for the petals. This is the aperture that the hummingbirds drink from.
Easy Hummingbird Feeder Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw two more flowers on the feeder’s base. Again, use a circle for the flower’s center and “U” shaped lines for the petals.
Easy Hummingbird Feeder Drawing - Step 5
5. Next, draw the hummingbird. Use curved lines to outline the sharp beak, the head, the top of the wing, and the tips of the feathers. Shade a small circle to indicate the eye.
Easy Hummingbird Feeder Drawing - Step 6
6. Finish sketching your hummingbird. Use curved lines for the remaining wing, back, belly, tail, and feet.
Easy Hummingbird Feeder Drawing - Step 7
7. Next, draw a second hummingbird. Again, use curved lines for the sharp beak and the head. Shade a small circle to indicate the eye. Detail the first bird with curved lines to indicate the feathers.
Add More Details to Your Hummingbird Feeder Picture - Step 8
8. Use curved lines to sketch the bird’s body, wings, and feet.
Complete the Outline of Your Hummingbird Feeder Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete the hummingbird feeder outline by drawing the tail. Then, detail the wings, tail, and neck with curved lines to indicate the feathers.
Color Your Hummingbird Feeder Drawing
Color your cartoon hummingbird feeder. We’ve made the flowers and fluid red because this color attracts the birds. We’ve also given the birds themselves the red necks that denote they are male ruby-throated hummingbirds.
What kinds of hummingbirds live in your neighborhood?
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Hummingbird Feeder Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).