Learn how to draw a great looking Husky with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Husky.
Huskies are working dogs, which means they were bred to do certain jobs along with their human counterparts.
Huskies were first raised in Siberia to serve as companions, guards, and sled dogs. Today, many people keep these gentle and intelligent dogs as pets.
The husky is famous for its ability as a sled racing dog. Up to 16 dogs are typically hitched to the sled in tandem, two in each row.
In addition to racing, dog sleds are still used as a means of transportation in the snowy Arctic.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Sled dogs have been acclaimed in popular culture, such as in the animated film Balto, the true story of the dogs who delivered vital medicine to Nome, Alaska; Iron Will, another true story of a young musher who needed to win the race to feed his family; and Snow Dogs, a fictional comedy about a dentist who reconnects with his roots.
Would you like to draw a husky? This easy, step-by-step drawing tutorial is here to help.
All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to use crayons or something similar.
See also, Drawing a Dog for Kids.
Step by Step Instructions for Drawing a Husky
How to Draw a Great Looking Husky for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a circle to outline the husky's head.
Easy Husky Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw an irregular bean shape beneath the head. This will form the husky's body.
Easy Husky Drawing - Step 3
3. Connect the head and body using a series of short, curved, connected lines. The lines should meet in opposing points to resemble shaggy fur.
Easy Husky Drawing - Step 4
4. Begin to sketch the husky's face. For each ear, extend two curved lines upward to meet above the head, enclosing curved triangle shapes. For the snout, begin with a large "C" shaped line crossing the side of the face. Then, draw a curved line upwards from the snout to meet the ear.
Easy Husky Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the front legs. For each leg, extend two curved lines downward. Notice how the curves of the line indicate the knees and ankles. Then, connect the lines, using small "U" shaped lines to represent the toes.
Easy Husky Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the back legs. For each leg, extend a set of curved lines downward from the body. Notice that on the near leg, the lines have extreme curves near the top to indicate the shape of the thigh and ankle. Connect the leg lines at the bottom using a series of short, "U" shaped curved lines to represent the toes.
Easy Husky Drawing - Step 7
7. Erase the guide lines from the head, body, and legs, leaving a clean outline of your husky.
Add More Details to Your Husky Picture - Step 8
8. Add detail to the husky. Draw a curved triangle within the bounds of the near ear. Distinguish the husky's lighter face and underbelly from its darker back using a series of connected, curved lines. The lines should meet in jagged points to indicate fur. Notice the way the line dips into the nose and onto the shoulder. Then, draw the tail. Use a series of curved and overlapping lines to sketch the curly tail.
Complete the Outline of Your Husky Drawing - Step 9
9. Add detail to the husky's face. Draw an oval within an oval to form each eye. Then, draw a small circle inside the inner oval, and shade between the shapes. Draw a curved line above each eye to indicate the eyebrows. For the nose, sketch a rounded, upside down triangle. Use curved lines to sketch the mouth.
Color Your Husky Drawing
10. Color your husky. Huskies are often grey and white, but they also come in shades of brown and black.
For more great Animal drawing tutorials, see the 100 Step-by-Step Animal Drawing Guides post.
Would you like to draw more of man's best friend? Sharpen your skills with our list of the 50 best dog drawing tutorials.
For more easy dog drawing tutorials, see the collection of 50 Ideas for Art Projects with Dogs.
For all dog and canine drawings, see the Unlock Your Creativity with Easy Step-by-Step Guides for Drawing Dogs page.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Husky Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).