Learn how to draw a great looking Easy Dog with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Easy Dog drawing.
Would you like to learn how to draw an easy dog? This dog drawing tutorial can help you master the steps to drawing a simple dog.
The dog has been called "man's best friend." Why? Because dogs have long been companions to people. Dogs were domesticated from wild wolves thousands of years ago.
The relationship was beneficial to both parties - we fed the canines, and they protected us and our belongings from outsiders. A mutual affection developed.
In time, people began to train their dogs to do more than just act on their protective, territorial instincts.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
To sit on command - like the dog in this drawing - is often one of the first things our pets learn.
Other common commands include lay down, stay, come, heel, and speak. Some dogs can learn hundreds of words.
Read more about Easy Dog Drawings for Kids.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy Dog
How to Draw a Great Looking Easy Dog for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin your easy dog outline by drawing the animal's head. Draw a slightly curved horizontal line. This will be the top of the head.
From one end of the horizontal line, draw a large "U" shaped line, and connect it to the opposite end of the horizontal line. This encloses the shape of the dog's head.
Easy Easy Dog Drawing - Step 2
2. Begin to detail the dog's face. Draw small curved triangles for the eyebrows. For the eyes, draw a nearly straight line at the bottom and a curved line for the outer sides and tops of the eyes.
Enclose a partial oval to form the pupil in each eye.
Easy Easy Dog Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw an inverted triangle to form the dog's nose. Then draw a wide, rounded "W" beneath it. This will represent the mouth. Connect the nose and mouth with a straight vertical line.
Easy Easy Dog Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw two partial triangles, one on each side of the head. These are the dog's ears. Notice that the uppermost point of the ears is rounded. Then use a long curved line to enclose the shape of the collar below the dog's head.
Easy Easy Dog Drawing - Step 5
5. Next, outline the dog's body. Use two long curved lines to trace the sides of the body. Then draw a short curved line in the center of the dog's chest.
Easy Easy Dog Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw two long, curved, parallel lines across the body to form the leg. Let one line double back upon itself in a loose spiral shape at the bottom. This encloses the foot or paw. Detail the toes with short curved lines.
Easy Easy Dog Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the remaining foreleg of the sitting dog. Again, draw two long, curved, parallel lines across the body to form the leg. Let one line double back upon itself in a loose spiral shape at the bottom. This encloses the foot or paw. Detail the toes with short curved lines.
Add More Details to Your Easy Dog Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the sitting dog's rear leg. Use a curved line for the leg and another for the paw. Detail the toes with short curved lines. Then, draw a curved line between the forelegs.
Complete the Outline of Your Easy Dog Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your easy dog outline by drawing the remaining leg and tail. Again, use a curved line for the leg and another for the paw. Detail the toes with short curved lines.
Extend two curved lines from the leg and side to form the tail. The lines should meet at a sharp point.
Color Your Easy Dog Drawing
Color your cartoon of a sitting dog. We've shaded our illustration in brown, a common color for dogs. Some dogs are spotted or have a unique pattern known as brindle.
Others have lighter bellies or a "mask" on their faces.
For more great Dog drawing tutorials, see the 50 Easy Dog Art Projects for Kids post.
Easy Dog Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).