Learn how to draw a great looking Fox with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Fox.
This woodland creature is looking foxy! You can learn how to draw a fox with the help of this easy, step-by-step cartoon animal drawing guide.
You don't have to be as clever or sly as a fox in order to draw one. This guide breaks down the drawing into simple steps.
Just look for the blue highlighted lines or shapes in each image, and add them to your drawing.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
What sets the fox apart from other wild dogs? It has larger ears, a fluffier tail, and moves with catlike grace.
If you enjoyed this drawing, you can learn how to draw a baby fox and make it a family affair.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Fox
How to Draw a Great Looking Fox for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon fox outline by drawing the eyes. Use two curved lines to enclose a double-pointed shape for each eye.
Notice how the top line extends beyond the bottom at each inner corner, contouring part of the nose. Then, enclose two successively smaller circles inside each eye and shade between them.
Easy Fox Drawing - Step 2
2. Next, outline the fox’s furry cheeks. Use straight lines to create a zigzag pattern on each side of the face, then connect them with a long curved line.
Draw a rounded, inverted triangle for the nose. Use curved lines to trace the mouth and chin below it.
Easy Fox Drawing - Step 3
3. Use a long curved line to enclose the top of the head. Draw a teardrop shape above each eye to indicate the eyebrows, and a small oval on each cheek to indicate blush.
Easy Fox Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the fox’s large, attentive ears. Enclose a rounded triangle on each side of the head, and band each with a curved line. Shade above that line.
Easy Fox Drawing - Step 5
5. Begin outlining the fox’s body. Use curved lines that meet at jagged points to draw its chest.
Easy Fox Drawing - Step 6
6. Use a pair of long curved lines to draw the fox’s leg. Allow one line to double back on itself and overlap the other line, creating the shape of the paw.
Draw two short lines across the paw to indicate the toes.
Easy Fox Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the remaining leg, again using a pair of lines. Allow one to double back upon itself, and use short lines to indicate the toes. Band the top of each leg with a curved line.
Add More Details to Your Fox Picture - Step 8
8. Extend the line of the back. Allow it to double back on itself at the end, forming the foot.
Use short lines to indicate the toes and band the rear leg. Then, use additional curved lines to trace the hip and belly.
Complete the Outline of Your Fox Drawing - Step 9
9. Finally, draw the fox’s long, fluffy tail. Use a pair of curved lines that meet at a point. Then, use a series of “U” shaped lines to create a scalloped pattern across the tip of the tail.
Color Your Fox Drawing
Your cartoon fox outline is now complete. Color your cute character. Red foxes are reddish-orange with black ears and feet and a white tuft on the tail.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Fox Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).