Learn how to draw a great looking Log Cabin with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Log Cabin.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
A log cabin is a house constructed of the logs of trees. They are traditionally small structures, consisting of one or two rooms, but some are large and elaborate.
In Europe, their history is ancient, while in North America, they are often associated with early European settlers.
There are many open-air museums and parks throughout the world where you can view historic log cabins.
Some have even been moved indoors for preservation. An example of this is the historic cabin housed in the Customs House Museum in Tennessee, USA.
In the United States, these cabins are often associated with the concept of "humble beginnings."
At least six U.S. presidents were born in log cabins, most notably Abraham Lincoln. "Lincoln Logs" are a popular children's toy consisting of wooden dowels used to build model cabins.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Many people today still enjoy living or vacationing in log cabins. Certain areas may be most readily associated with this type of accommodation, such as the Rocky Mountains or Gatlinburg near the Appalachian Mountains in the U.S. These vacation cabins may be referred to as chalets.
Would you like to draw a cartoon log cabin? This easy, step-by-step cartoon drawing tutorial is here to show you how.
All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Barn, Cartoon House, and Tent.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Log Cabin
How to Draw a Great Looking Log Cabin for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing the roof of the cabin. First, draw a large parallelogram - a rectangle with its short sides slanted in the same direction. Draw a straight line on an opposite diagonal from its uppermost point. Between this line and the parallelogram, draw an upside-down "V." Connect the "V" to the existing lines at the corners. Draw a straight line parallel to the base of the parallelogram, and connect it at the corners.
Easy Log Cabin Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the chimney, erasing as necessary. Enclose a rectangle on the roof. Beside it, enclose a trapezoid. Draw straight lines parallel to the tops of these two shapes, and connect them at the ends. Then, enclose partial rectangles on the sides of the chimney to indicate the bricks.
Easy Log Cabin Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the logs of the front side of the cabin. Draw numerous straight, horizontal, parallel lines. Connect them with a curved line on one side and a small oval on the other.
Easy Log Cabin Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the logs of the remaining side. Again, use parallel lines, connected with short curved lines on the end.
Easy Log Cabin Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the tips of the logs that make up the back wall of the cabin. Extend straight lines and connect them to one another by means of small ovals. Attach the roof to the wall using a short straight line.
Easy Log Cabin Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the porch. Enclose a parallelogram in front of the cabin. Draw straight lines parallel to two of its sides, and connect them using short lines. Extend a small rectangle below each corner. Draw a vertical line beside each, and connect them using a short line. Finally, enclose the rectangular foundation beneath the sidewall of the cabin.
Easy Log Cabin Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the door, erasing as necessary. Enclose a rectangle on the front side of the cabin. Draw two small rectangles on one side of it to indicate the hinges. Use curved lines to enclose the door handle.
Add More Details to Your Log Cabin Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a window on the sidewall, erasing as necessary. Enclose one rectangle inside another.
Complete the Outline of Your Log Cabin Drawing - Step 9
9. Put shingles on the roof by drawing overlapping "U" shaped lines.
Color Your Log Cabin Drawing
Color your cartoon cabin. Natural wood cabins are brown, but they could be painted any color.
Place your cabin in a forest setting, complete with friendly woodland creatures.
For more great Building drawing tutorials, see the 21 Easy and Fun Building Drawing Ideas post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Log Cabin Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).