Learn how to draw a great looking Man Fishing with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Man Fishing.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
"I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay, watching the tide roll away, ooh. I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay wasting time."
- "Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay," song by Otis Redding
Are you ready to go fishing? You can learn how to draw a man fishing with the help of this easy cartoon drawing tutorial.
Fishing is an ancient occupation. From time immemorial, people have caught fish to provide food for their families or to sell. Their methods have varied greatly, using their hands, spears, fish hooks, or nets.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Today, many people fish for fun rather than out of necessity. Some types of fishing are considered a sport. The fish caught may be preserved as trophies rather than consumed.
Would you like to learn how to fish? In many places, fishing license requirements are waived during annual free fishing days. In this way, children and adults alike can experience this dually relaxing and exciting endeavor.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Fishing Pole, Lake, and Salmon.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Man Fishing
How to Draw a Great Looking Man Fishing for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing the bucket hat or fishing hat. Draw a curved line, and extend curved lines from each end. Connect them with a wavy line. Then, draw the hat's ventilation holes using small circles.
Easy Man Fishing Drawing - Step 2
2. Next, draw the man's face. Use curved lines that meet at jagged points for the hair, and additional curved lines to outline the ear, forehead, nose, chin, neck, eye, eyebrow, and smiling mouth. Enclose a small oval within the eye to indicate the pupil.
Easy Man Fishing Drawing - Step 3
3.Outline the gumdrop shape of the vest and torso using a curved line. Double a line back upon itself to form the arm, and draw a partial oval at the shoulder. Use curved lines to enclose the rounded triangle and rectangle shapes of the pocket and its flap. Detail the pocket with two lines and a shaded circular button.
Easy Man Fishing Drawing - Step 4
4. Continue the arm with a pair of curved lines. At the end, draw the irregular shape of the hand. Use overlapping curved lines to complete the shirt and torso.
Easy Man Fishing Drawing - Step 5
5. Next, draw the fishing pole. Use a partial circle for the reel and curved lines for the reel's handle, the grip, and the man's hand. Then, extend a pair of long curved lines that meet at a sharp point to form the rod.
Easy Man Fishing Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw short, thick, curved lines extending from the rod to form the eyes that hold the fishing line. Then, draw the line itself, using curved lines between the eyes and a long straight line pointed toward the water. At the end of the line, enclose a half-circle and extend a straight line above it. This forms the bobber.
Easy Man Fishing Drawing - Step 7
7. Use overlapping curved lines to draw the man's shorts and legs, with curved rectangles forming the cuffs of the pants. Then, draw the dock. Enclose a rectangular shape using straight lines. Indicate the side with a horizontal line, and planks with diagonal and vertical lines.
Add More Details to Your Man Fishing Picture - Step 8
8. Extend a pair of straight lines down from the dock to form a support, and enclose them with a series of curved lines to indicate waves on the water. Enclose the irregular shape of the man's boots. Then, draw curved lines to form ripples around the floating bobber.
Complete the Outline of Your Man Fishing Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete the scene. Draw a horizontal line in the background to indicate the horizon. Above it, use curved lines to enclose fluffy clouds. Draw pairs of curved lines that meet at points to indicate waves on the surface of the lake or ocean.
Color Your Man Fishing Drawing
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Man Fishing Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).