Learn how to draw a great looking Nose with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Nose.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Since the invention of art in antiquity, when humans first mixed paints or scratched images in the dust, people have been a popular subject.
Ancient hieroglyphics and cave paintings contain images of people, and as these artists became more skilled, their work became more detailed. Soon, their pictures including lifelike depictions of the human face.
The face can be an intimidating item to draw. Breaking the face down into smaller parts and learning to draw these can simplify the task.
The nose, of course, is one such important item. Noses appear in almost all pictures of the human face. In some art forms, such as in caricatures or in some cartoons, the nose assumes an even larger role as an exaggerated feature.
An example of this can be seen in Maz Beerhohm's 1896 caricature of Aubrey Beardsley, from the collection Caricatures of Twenty-five Gentlemen. In this picture, the man's face is almost entirely a nose!
Did you know? Your nose does more than just detect smells. It actually serves as a filter and air conditioning unit for your lungs. Tiny hairs in your nose help remove dust, smoke, and germs from the air you breath.
Small blood vessels warm cold air before it enters your lungs. They also add moisture to the air, helping you to breath easily.
Would you like to draw your own nose, or someone else's? Following the instructions in this easy, step-by-step drawing tutorial is a great place to start.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
To draw a simple nose, all you will need is a pencil, a good eraser, and a sheet of paper. Notice that each step in this drawing guide includes both an illustration and explanatory text. New lines in each step are shown in blue, while previously drawn lines fade to black.
Some steps will require you to erase guide lines. When finished, you may color your drawing using crayons, colored pencils, markers, or paints.
"The nose knows," as they say, but why stop there? Hone your drawing skills and check out our tutorials for drawing eyes, lips, and even an entire face!
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Face, Eyes, and Ear.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Nose
How to Draw a Great Looking Nose for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a straight, vertical line. This will form the bridge of the nose, and it will also serve as a guide line.
Easy Nose Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a straight, horizontal line perpendicular to the first. This will serve as a guide line.
Easy Nose Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw two curved lines, one on each side of the vertical line. Note that the lines are closer together at the top than at the bottom. These lines serve to outline the shape of the nose.
Easy Nose Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a circle around the point where the perpendicular lines meet. This will help you to draw the tip of the nose.
Easy Nose Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw two short, curved lines at the bottom of the circle. These lines begin the nostrils, the openings of the nose.
Easy Nose Drawing - Step 6
6. Erase the guide lines formed by the circle.
Easy Nose Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a curved line crossing the horizontal line. This outlines the side of the nostril.
Add More Details to Your Nose Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a curved line crossing the horizontal line on the opposite side, forming a mirror image. This outlines the other nostril.
Complete the Outline of Your Nose Drawing - Step 9
9. Erase the guide lines formed by the perpendicular lines. Note that a portion of the vertical line remains to form the bridge of the nose. Finally, shade the opening of the nostrils.
Color Your Nose Drawing
10. Color your nose.
For more great Body drawing tutorials, see the 37 Easy Body Art Projects for Kids post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Nose Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).