Learn how to draw a great looking Pitbull with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Pitbull.
American pitbull terriers were originally bred in Scotland, England, and Ireland during the 1800s. Their ancestry drew on breeds known for hunting wild game and restraining feral livestock. While still not recognized by the American Kennel Club, the breed was registered by the United Kennel Club in 1898.
Pitbulls are athletic and often loyally dedicated to their owners. Yet, the Pitbull has garnered a bad reputation in some areas. Originally bred for dogfighting, aggression towards people was not encouraged.
Today, abuse of the animals in illegal dog fighting operations has led to numerous media reports about attacks on humans. Legislation has even been passed that disallows pit bull ownership in certain places.
Both sides of the issue - dogfighting and aggression versus loyalty and pet ownership - can be observed in the Pixar animated short Kitbull. Don't worry - it has a happy ending! Experts agree that like any breed of dog, responsible ownership and a loving environment are the key to a well-adjusted pet.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The term "pit bull" is also used to refer to a number of other similar dogs. These include the Staffordshire bull terrier, the American Staffordshire terrier, and the bull terrier.
Other dog breeds, including the American bulldog, Presa Canario, Cane Corso, Dogo Argentino, bullmastiff, Old English bulldog, and boxer, may be mistaken for pit bulls.
Would you like to sketch an adorable cartoon pitbull? This easy, step-by-step cartoon dog drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
See also, Simple Guide to Drawing a Cartoon Dog.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Pitbull
How to Draw a Great Looking Pitbull for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by sketching the dog's face. Use a series of overlapping curved lines to draw the shape of the face, the upper lip, and the lower jaw.
Easy Pitbull Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the dog's ears, erasing as necessary. Use curved lines to craft the triangular shapes. Draw a curved line down the center of the far ear.
Easy Pitbull Drawing - Step 3
3. Use curved lines to draw the circular shapes of the dog's eyes.
Easy Pitbull Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the rounded, triangular nose, and sketch "L" shaped lines to indicate the nostrils. Enclose the tongue using a "U" shaped line, with a curved line down the middle. Erase as necessary.
Easy Pitbull Drawing - Step 5
5. Use curved lines to draw the dog's bean-shaped body and pointed crescent-shaped tail.
Easy Pitbull Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the rear leg, erasing as necessary. Use overlapping curved lines to draw the upper leg, lower leg, and paw. Use short curved lines to distinguish the toes.
Easy Pitbull Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the remaining rear leg using overlapping curved lines, not neglecting the short lines of the toes.
Add More Details to Your Pitbull Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the front leg, erasing as necessary. Use a long curved line and double it back upon itself. Use short curved lines to detail the toes.
Complete the Outline of Your Pitbull Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw the remaining leg, using a long curved line and doubling it back upon itself. Use short curved lines to detail the toes.
Color Your Pitbull Drawing
Color your cartoon pitbull. These dogs come in many colors, including black, white, "blue" grey, and brown. They may be spotted or have other markings.
Dogs are social animals. A group of dogs is called a pack. Pick your pack with our many canine drawing guides.
For more great Dog drawing tutorials, see the 50 Easy and Fun Dog Drawing Ideas post.
For more easy dog drawing tutorials, see the collection of Ideas to Help You Draw Dogs.
For all dog and canine drawings, see the Learn the Basics of Drawing Puppies with Simple Step-by-Step Guides page.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Pitbull Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).