Learn how to draw a great looking Poop Emoji with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Poop Emoji.
Emoji are pictorial icons used to communicate meaning and emotion in written messages. The poop emoji - also called pile of poo, dog dirt, or smiling poop - officially became a part of Unicode, a computing character set for all languages, in 2010.
When first released, the poop emoji was at times mistaken for a chocolate Hershey's kiss or a scoop of chocolate ice cream.
Google's original design featured "stink lines" and hovering flies. This popular emoji is used to represent literal feces and other "bathroom topics," as an alternative to slang terms, to say "I don't like that," and even in place of a traditional smiley face. In this latter setting, it conveys whimsy, silliness, and fun.
Emoji were first created in Japan, and the idea of the poop emoji had been a part of popular culture since at least the 1980s.
A manga and anime called Dr. Slump featured jokes surrounding unchi - a child's word for poop. When this emoji was released to the rest of the world, however, some users were offended.
Yet, it quickly became one of the most popular. Today, you'll find this quirky emoji everywhere from plush pillows to decorated cookies.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw a smiling poop emoji? This easy, step-by-step emoji drawing guide is here to show you how.
All you will need is a sheet of paper, a pencil, an eraser, and perhaps something to color with.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Poop Emoji
How to Draw a Great Looking Poop Emoji for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a wavy, scalloped line following a diagonal slant. This forms the side of the poop emoji. Then, double the line back beneath itself to form the curved bottom of the emoji.
Easy Poop Emoji Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw another wavy, scalloped line, fully enclosing the shape of the emoji. Notice how the lines converge at a curved, gentle point at the top.
Easy Poop Emoji Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw curved lines across the emoji at a diagonal angle. The lines should connect the low points of the scalloped curves on each side. This gives the emoji the appearance of layers.
Easy Poop Emoji Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the poop emoji's eyes. For each eye, draw a large circle. You'll be overlapping the diagonal lines, but don't worry - we'll take care of that in the next step.
Easy Poop Emoji Drawing - Step 5
5. Erase the diagonal lines from the circles that form the eyes.
Easy Poop Emoji Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a smaller circle inside each of the eyes, and shade it. This forms the poop emoji's pupils.
Easy Poop Emoji Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the poop emoji's smiling mouth. Use a straight line for the top of the mouth and a curved line for the bottom.
Add More Details to Your Poop Emoji Picture - Step 8
8. Erase the diagonal line from behind the mouth.
Complete the Outline of Your Poop Emoji Drawing - Step 9
9. Use curved lines to enclose the upper teeth and the tongue inside the smiling mouth.
Color Your Poop Emoji Drawing
Color your poop emoji. It is usually brown in color with a red tongue.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Poop Emoji Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).