Learn how to draw a great looking Kiss Emoji with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Kiss Emoji.
What is an emoji? Emojis are small cartoon symbols, typically representing emotions, places, or common objects. The emoji originated in 1999, when a Japanese cell phone company introduced emojis to the text message keyboard.
In fact, the word emoji is derived from two Japanese terms meaning "picture" and "character." Soon, the smiling faces had taken the world by storm.
The smiley face on which many emojis are based has enjoyed a long history. Archaeologists recently discovered a 4,000 year old clay pot that has a simple smiley face painted on its side.
One poet even included a "winky smile" emoticon, made from a semi-colon and parentheses, in a poem published in the 1600s. The yellow smiley face we know and love - with its round eyes and "U" shaped mouth - originated with advertising campaigns in the 1960s.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Emojis have various meanings. What does the kiss emoji mean? The gesture of blowing a kiss - also called an air kiss, a blown kiss, thrown kiss, or a flying kiss - is ubiquitous, found in cultures around the world. Depending on the culture, such kisses can be a sign of romantic affection or a general greeting.
Not only are emojis featured on messages, but on products and clothing as well. In 2017, the characters starred in their first animated film, The Emoji Movie.
Would you like to draw an emoji blowing a kiss? Doing so is easier than ever with the help of this simple, step-by-step drawing tutorial.
You will need only a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to use crayons, markers, or something else to shade your finished emoji.
Step by Step Instructions for Drawing a Kiss Emoji
How to Draw a Great Looking Kiss Emoji for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a circle to outline the emoji's round face.
Easy Kiss Emoji Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a round eye and a winking eye. On one side of the emoji's face, draw a small circle and shade within it. On the opposite side, use two short, curved lines to enclose a curved shape, like a crescent moon. Shade within this shape.
Easy Kiss Emoji Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a thick, curved line above each eye to indicate eyebrows. Notice that the lines are thicker towards the middle of the eyebrow, and more narrow on the ends.
Easy Kiss Emoji Drawing - Step 4
4. Below the eyes, draw a curved line like a backwards number "3." This forms the mouth with puckered lips, ready to blow a kiss.
Easy Kiss Emoji Drawing - Step 5
5. Use two curved lines to sketch a heart shape beside the lips. Erase the guide lines of the original circle from within the heart.
Easy Kiss Emoji Drawing - Step 6
6. Color your kiss emoji. Often, emojis are shaded yellow in classic smiley face style. But be creative - your emoji can be any color of the rainbow, like the pink emoji in our illustration.
Who is the recipient of this emoji's kiss? Put your emotions down on paper with our collection of additional emoji drawing guides.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Kiss Emoji Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).