Learn how to draw a great looking Alien with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Alien.
Aliens are frequent denizens of science fiction, from Star Trek to Star Wars to Disney's Toy Story, and the search for extraterrestrial life is carried out by some serious scientists. This, however, has not always been the case.
Aliens are often linked with sightings of UFOs, or unidentified flying objects. These sightings generally did not occur prior to man's experimentation with flight.
One of the first UFO sightings occurred in 1947, when a businessman reported seeing several crescent shaped objects flying alongside his small airplane.
A local newspaper mistakenly reported that they were saucer shaped, thus the term, "flying saucer."
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
UFO sightings increased with time; during the 1950s and 1960s, the U.S. government recorded more than 12,000 such sightings.
Most were eventually discovered to be astronomical phenomena or aircraft, with only six percent remaining unidentified.
During this time period, supposed aliens began to be referred to as "little green men." This description had long been used to describe mythical creatures such as goblins and gremlins, the latter of which were said to reek havoc on airplanes and other mechanical devices.
Would you like to draw your own little green men? This easy, step-by-step drawing tutorial is here to help. All you will need is a pencil, a sheet of paper, and an eraser.
You may also wish to use crayons, colored pencils, or some other implement to shade your finished alien.
Step by Step Instructions for Drawing an Alien
How to Draw a Great Looking Alien for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a slightly irregular circle. This will form the alien's head.
Easy Alien Drawing - Step 2
2. From the head, extend a long curved line, doubling it back upon itself to enclose an irregular shape. This will form the alien's body. Note how the lines come closer together to form the neck.
Easy Alien Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the legs and feet. For the first leg, extend a long curved line from the body. Double it back upon itself, allowing the foot to be wider than the leg, and at an angle. For the second leg, again use a long, curved line, and enclose the figure by attaching it to the first line at the back of the foot.
Easy Alien Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the alien's arm. Extend two parallel curved lines from the shoulder, bending them at the elbow.
Easy Alien Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the second arm. Extend two shorter parallel lines from the body. Then, extend another set of parallel lines at an angle from the first, forming the elbow and forearm.
Easy Alien Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the hands. One hand is at rest, and it can be drawn using several short, curved lines, connected in points between the fingers and at the tips of the fingers. The other hand is raised in greeting. For this hand, you will again use several curved lines. Add short, curved lines to the palm at the base of the fingers and thumb.
Easy Alien Drawing - Step 7
7. Add facial features. Draw two large ovals for the eyes. Draw a smaller oval within each, and shade between the two. For the nose, draw two small teardrop shapes and shade them. Draw a small oval to represent the mouth, and shade within it as well. Finally, detail the mouth with a curved line beneath it.
Add More Details to Your Alien Picture - Step 8
8. For each antennae, draw two curved, parallel lines very close together. Enclose the antennae with a circle on the end.
Complete the Outline of Your Alien Drawing - Step 9
9. Erase guide lines from the arms, legs, and antennae. Detail the torso with several curved lines.
Color Your Alien Drawing
For more great Fantasy drawing tutorials, see the 51 Best Fantasy Drawing Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Alien Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).