Learn how to draw a great looking Sad Girl Crying with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Sad Girl Crying.
Sadness has been described as "emotional pain associated with...feelings of disadvantage, loss, despair, grief, helplessness, disappointment and sorrow." These are emotions that everyone experiences from time to time.
Sadness is considered one of the six basic human emotions, along with happiness, anger, surprise, fear, and disgust.
In art, sadness is typically depicted using body language. Slumped shoulders, hands covering the face, or the body folded into what has been called the "fetal position" are common markers of sadness. Tears and pained facial expressions may also be shown.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The 1672 sculpture entitled Entombment of Christ uses tears carved on the statue's face to represent this emotion. A number of famous photographs display grief-stricken individuals during times of war.
Would you like to express deep emotions by depicting sadness in your drawings? This easy, step-by-step drawing tutorial can help. All you will need is a pencil or pen and a sheet of paper.
Step by Step Instructions for Drawing a Sad Girl Crying
How to Draw a Great Looking Sad Girl Crying for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing the girl's hair. Use long curved lines to outline the top of the head and hair. Use lines of various lengths to craft the tendrils of hair flowing over her face and shoulders. Each lock of hair should end in a sharp point.
Easy Sad Girl Crying Drawing - Step 2
2. Sketch the girl's arm and hand. Use sets of parallel lines to outline the arm. Notice how the lines connect at sharp angles to form the bend of the elbow. Enclose the tip of the sleeve and indicate folded material using short lines. Then, use two curved lines to connect the wrist to the hair, forming the hand.
Easy Sad Girl Crying Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the remaining arm, sleeve, and hand, partially concealed by the first.
Easy Sad Girl Crying Drawing - Step 4
4. Use a series of curved lines to indicate the bent leg. Notice how the long line doubles back on itself to form the lower leg.
Easy Sad Girl Crying Drawing - Step 5
5. Sketch in the girl's shirt and pants. Use curved lines to enclose each.
Easy Sad Girl Crying Drawing - Step 6
6. Enclose the remaining leg using a long, curved line.
Easy Sad Girl Crying Drawing - Step 7
7. Use several short, curved lines, meeting in points, to outline the shape of the shoe. Draw a curved line across the top of the shape to differentiate the shoe from the foot.
Add More Details to Your Sad Girl Crying Picture - Step 8
8. Use curved lines to enclose the remaining foot.
Complete the Outline of Your Sad Girl Crying Drawing - Step 9
9. Use straight lines to draw the edges of the walls and floor. This gives the image a three-dimensional appearance.
Color Your Sad Girl Crying Drawing
10. Color your girl.
Don't be sad - there are plenty more tutorials where that came from. Check out our people drawing guides. You can learn to draw happy faces, angry faces, frightening faces, and everything in between.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Sad Girl Crying Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).