Learn how to draw a great looking Sombrero with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Sombrero.
It's time for a fiesta! Get the party started with this easy, step-by-step sombrero drawing.
The word sombrero means "hat" in Spanish. It can refer to any hat, but specifically, a sombrero is a "broad-brimmed high-crowned hat made of felt or straw."
Sombreros are easy to draw. The hat itself is a series of curved lines. Then, it is decorated with circles, triangles, and diamond shapes.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know? Over time, the sombrero style was modified and the cowboy hat was born. Learn how to draw a cowboy hat.
If you liked this drawing, check out this festive sombrero and maracas drawing. Can you hear the music? You could start your own mariachi band!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Sombrero
How to Draw a Great Looking Sombrero for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the sombrero outline by drawing a long, wavy line. This begins the wide brim of the hat. Above it, extend a line and double it back on itself in a "U" shape. This is the hat's tall crown.
Easy Sombrero Drawing - Step 2
2. Extend a long curved line from the base of the crown. Let it pass around the line of the brim, and then under it. Allow it to connect to the brim on the opposite side.
Easy Sombrero Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a pair of curved lines across the brim of the hat, forming a striped decoration.
Easy Sombrero Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw another curved line below the first pair. Then, draw a zig-zag line between them, forming a pattern of triangles on the hat's crown.
Easy Sombrero Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a curved line below the pattern of shapes, parallel to the previous lines. This forms another stripe. Then, draw a smaller triangle inside each of the inverted triangles. Inside each of the upright triangles, draw a small circle.
Easy Sombrero Drawing - Step 6
6. Decorate the brim of the sombrero. Draw a curved line parallel to the edge of the brim, both on the far and near sides of the hat.
Easy Sombrero Drawing - Step 7
7. Continue to decorate the hat's brim. Below the stripe, draw a pattern consisting of alternating circles and diamonds.
Add More Details to Your Sombrero Picture - Step 8
8. Continue drawing the pattern on the hat's brim, drawing one diamond and circle after another.
Complete the Outline of Your Sombrero Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete the pattern of shapes on the hat's brim by drawing two more sets of diamonds and circles.
Color Your Sombrero Drawing
Your cartoon sombrero outline is now complete. Color your hat. Sombreros are often decorated with many bright colors. Some are tan with colorful designs, while others are bright, solid colors with white or black embroidery.
For more great clothes drawing tutorials, see the collection of Cute Clothes Drawing Ideas..
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Sombrero Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).