Learn how to draw a great looking Summer Day with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Summer Day.
What would you choose as the best summer vacation? Illustrate your favorite memories or future travel goals with this easy, step-by-step summer day drawing guide.
There are a few things that are synonymous with summer. Sunny days. The beach. Swimming in the ocean or at a pool.
This picture has all those summer favorites. There's plenty to do: swimming, rafting on an innertube, playing beach volleyball, or building an epic sand castle.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
You will find that this tutorial helps you draw a complex picture using simple shapes. Can you see the circles, ovals, triangles, and trapezoids scattered throughout the drawing?
If it gets too hot and you need a change of scenery, you can have more adventures with these cartoon characters when you learn how to draw yourself stepping in a puddle and splashing your friends!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Summer Day
How to Draw a Great Looking Summer Day for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing the cartoon boy's face. Use curved lines for the sides of the face, the eyebrows, the nose, the mouth, teeth, and cheeks. For each eye, shade an oval inside an oval.
Easy Summer Day Drawing - Step 2
2. Use curved lines to continue sketching the boy. Draw his ear, hair, neck, arm, and torso.
Easy Summer Day Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the boy's hands, using overlapping curved lines. Draw another curved line at the base of his torso to indicate the water.
Then sketch the little girl. Use curved lines for her nose and cheeks, and shaded ovals within ovals for the eyes.
Easy Summer Day Drawing - Step 4
4. Use curved lines to continue sketching her face - her smiling mouth, teeth, the sides of her face, ears, eyebrows, hair, and neck.
Easy Summer Day Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the girl's arms and hands using overlapping curved lines. Use a "U" shaped line for the neck of her swimsuit and curved lines for its sides.
Easy Summer Day Drawing - Step 6
6. Use a series of curved lines to enclose the girl's pigtails. Then, draw a large oval around her body. This is the innertube or life preserver. Draw another curved line across her torso.
Her friend or brother is splashing her, so draw curved lines and teardrop shapes to indicate the water in motion.
Easy Summer Day Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a straight, horizontal horizon line in the background. Decorate the girl's innertube with circles, and draw curved lines around the girl and boy to indicate ripples in the water.
Then, draw a small oval inside a circle. This will become a beach ball.
Add More Details to Your Summer Day Picture - Step 8
8. Draw curved lines across the beach ball. Then, sketch a sand castle and shovel. Use curved lines for the sand at the base of the castle, then draw two rounded trapezoids and a rounded triangle. For the shovel, use a "U" shaped line, a line that doubles back on itself, and a small circle.
Want to draw an even bigger sand castle? Check out this sand castle drawing guide.
Complete the Outline of Your Summer Day Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a curved line between the kids and the toys to indicate the edge of the beach. Draw two more trapezoid sand towers, with curved lines at the top to give them a three-dimensional appearance.
Finally, draw a few clouds and shining sun in the sky.
Color Your Summer Day Drawing
Your summer day outline is complete. Now, add some color - blue skies, sandy beaches, and colorful swimsuits and toys.
For more great people drawing tutorials, see the collection of Cute How to Draw People Art Projects.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Summer Day Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).