Learn how to draw a great looking Summer Scenery with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Summer Scenery.
Nothing says summer like a picnic or a day at the beach. You can capture the essence of summer with this easy, step-by-step summer scenery drawing tutorial.
This drawing encompasses many favorite summer pastimes. In the foreground is the beach. An umbrella shades a picnic basket and a plate of fresh oranges. In the distance, there are palm trees, a sailboat, and even a cruise ship.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Summer Scenery
How to Draw a Great Looking Summer Scenery for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. First, draw the picnic blanket and basket. The base of the basket is a rectangular cube. A curved rectangle or rainbow shape comprises the handle.
After you draw the basket, enclose a parallelogram around it.
Easy Summer Scenery Drawing - Step 2
2. Add more detail to the basket, drawing curved lines for the corner and items inside. Use straight and curved lines to draw a bottle beside the basket. You can learn more about how to draw a wine bottle here.
Next, draw a plate of oranges. Draw three overlapping circles with an oval underneath. Extend curved stems from some of the fruits, and draw a leaf on each stem. If you want to make your oranges even more detailed, check out this orange drawing guide.
Easy Summer Scenery Drawing - Step 3
3. Next, draw the umbrella. Start with a curved line where it meets the sand. From there, extend diagonal, straight parallel lines. Use curved lines that meet at points to draw the canopy of the umbrella.
Complete the neck and lip of the bottle by drawing two small, interconnected rectangles.
Easy Summer Scenery Drawing - Step 4
4. Detail the umbrella with curved lines. Use additional curved lines to draw the edge of the beach and texture the sand.
Draw a beach ball. Draw a small oval within a circle, and connect it to the sides of the circle using curved lines. You can make your drawing even more detailed with this beach ball drawing guide.
Easy Summer Scenery Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a sailboat on the water. Use a triangle for its sail, and curved lines to trace its irregular shape. You can also learn more about how to draw a sailboat.
Easy Summer Scenery Drawing - Step 6
6. Complete your sailboat with two parallel lines for the mast and a triangle for the pennant flag. Then, draw the beach, shore, and treeline in the distance using curved lines.
Easy Summer Scenery Drawing - Step 7
Add More Details to Your Summer Scenery Picture - Step 8
8. Use curved lines to sketch a cloud in the sky and waves on the surface of the ocean, near the beach.
Complete the Outline of Your Summer Scenery Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw another cloud partially hiding the circle of the sun.
Color Your Summer Scenery Drawing
Your summer scene is now complete. Color your beach cartoon. We've used bright colors, including blues, sandy browns, greens, and reds.
For more great landscape drawing tutorials, see the collection of How to Draw Landscape Step-by-Step Drawings.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Summer Scenery Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).