Learn how to draw a great looking Tennis Racket and Ball with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Tennis Racket and Ball.
Tennis a sport or game "in which two opposing players (singles) or pairs of players (doubles) use tautly strung rackets to hit a ball."
Tennis is played using a net, as is volleyball. In Britain, it is known as lawn tennis because the original courts were in the grass.
Today, tennis is played by millions of people around the world. Sports lovers avidly follow professional tennis matches, while novices of all ages hit the courts at their local parks.
Famous tennis players include Roger Federer and Serena Williams.
Get your head in the game and draw your very own cartoon tennis racket and tennis ball. All you'll need is a pencil, pen, marker, or crayon.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Follow the step-by-step instructions as you craft your sports equipment using lines and simple shapes, including teardrops, ovals, rectangles, and trapezoids.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Tennis Racket and Ball
How to Draw a Great Looking Tennis Racket and Ball for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a long, curved line and doubling it back upon itself to form a shape like a teardrop. Notice that the lines don't meet at the point. This forms the head and shaft or throat of the tennis racket - the part you use to hit the ball.
Easy Tennis Racket and Ball Drawing - Step 2
2. Begin drawing the racket's handle. At the open end of the teardrop shape, draw a small curved rectangle. Then, extend a long straight line from one side of it. This begins to outline the grip.
Easy Tennis Racket and Ball Drawing - Step 3
3. Extend another straight line, outlining the opposite side of the handle's grip. Connect the two straight lines by drawing a small trapezoid with rounded corners between them. This is called the butt of the tennis racket.
Easy Tennis Racket and Ball Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a large curved triangle on the racket's throat.
Easy Tennis Racket and Ball Drawing - Step 5
5. Next, draw a large oval within the head of the racket. This distinguishes the strings from the rim.
Easy Tennis Racket and Ball Drawing - Step 6
6. Begin drawing straight lines within the rim, oriented from the top of the racket to the throat and parallel to one another. These are the strings.
Easy Tennis Racket and Ball Drawing - Step 7
7. Continue drawing the strings until the tennis racket's head is full of them. Then, draw the strings that run horizontally. Again, use straight, parallel lines. These lines should cross the previous strings at a perpendicular angle.
Add More Details to Your Tennis Racket and Ball Picture - Step 8
8. Continue stringing your racket with straight lines until complete.
Complete the Outline of Your Tennis Racket and Ball Drawing - Step 9
9. Next, draw the tennis ball. First, draw a circle. Then, draw an "S" shaped line across it.
Color Your Tennis Racket and Ball Drawing
Color your cartoon tennis racket and tennis ball. Tennis rackets are made in many colors, but tennis balls are typically bright yellow with a white stripe.
For more great Man-Made cartoons drawing tutorials, see the 51 Step-by-Step Man-Made cartoons Drawing Guides post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Tennis Racket and Ball Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).