Learn how to draw a great looking Volleyball with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Volleyball.
Volleyball is a sport played by two teams of six players, in which a ball is batted back and forth over a net. The aim of the game is to keep the ball from touching the ground when on your side of the net.
The game has been around since 1895 when it was invented by the director of the YMCA. It was originally called "mintonette" and served as a substitute for basketball, which some gentlemen considered "too vigorous."
The name volleyball was later adopted because the ball was volleyed, or propelled like a missile, over the net.
Game moves include the jump serve, pass, set, block, spike, and dig. A number of variations exist, including beach volleyball, which is played on a sand court and generally has only two players per team.
Volleyball became popular around the world because it requires a minimum amount of equipment (a ball and a net), can be played indoors or outdoors, and can involve any number of players.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw a cartoon volleyball? This easy, step-by-step sports equipment drawing tutorial can show you how.
It uses a simple circle and curved lines. All you will need is a pen, pencil, marker, or crayon and a sheet of paper.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Volleyball
How to Draw a Great Looking Volleyball for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a circle to outline the shape of the ball.
Easy Volleyball Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a curved line across the top of the volleyball. This outlines the first section of the ball's cover.
Easy Volleyball Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw two curved lines in an "L" shape across the top of the ball, outlining another section.
Easy Volleyball Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw curved lines from the corners of the existing sections to the edge of the ball.
Easy Volleyball Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a curved line down the middle of the first section, dividing it in half.
Easy Volleyball Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a line through the first section near the edge of the ball, and another line across the top of the second section.
Easy Volleyball Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw another curved line across the second section.
Add More Details to Your Volleyball Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a curved line through the central section of the volleyball.
Complete the Outline of Your Volleyball Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a second curved line through the central section of the volleyball. Then, draw "L" shaped lines at the corners where the sections meet. This gives the sections a three-dimensional appearance.
Color Your Volleyball Drawing
Color your cartoon volleyball. Volleyballs are typically white, but they may have stripes or be any other color.
Then, grab more sports gear - hockey sticks, golf clubs, basketballs, baseball bats, and more - from our cartoon objects drawing guides.
For more great Back to School drawing tutorials, see the 39 Easy Back to School Drawing Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Volleyball Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).