Learn how to draw a great looking Tongue Out Emoji with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Tongue Out Emoji drawing.
You see it in your text messages, in your emails, and on your social networks. At your local store, you'll likely find candy, throw pillows, toys, and t-shirts featuring its likeness. It even has its very own animated movie. What is it? It is the ubiquitous emoji.
What is an emoji? Emojis are small pictures that arose in 1999 as a way of communicating emotions easily via text messages and emails. They were the descendants of the classic smiley face, which has appeared in art since ancient times.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The Tongue Out Emoji is a variation of a smiley face. It includes the gesture of sticking out one's tongue at someone, which "is considered a childish gesture of rudeness and/or defiance in many countries." But did you know? Sticking out the tongue is considered a greeting in the country of Tibet. No doubt the Tongue Out Emoji is popular among texters there.
There are, in fact, three different "tongue-out" emojis, each with a different intended meaning. The winking, tongue-sticking out emoji featured in this tutorial is officially called the "silly wink emoji." It says to the reader, "I'm being silly" or "I just told a joke." The tongue-out emoji with open eyes is called "panting" - you know, breathing heavily as if you're tired from a jog. The third has tightly closed eyes, and is called "poison control;" it means "extreme distaste," as if you'd just eaten something disgusting.
Would you like to draw a sassy emoji, sticking out its tongue? Doing so is easier than ever with the help of this simple, step-by-step drawing tutorial. You will need only a sheet of paper, a pencil, and an eraser. You may also wish to use crayons or something else to shade your finished drawing.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step by Step Instructions for Drawing a Tongue Out Emoji
How to Draw a Great Looking Tongue Out Emoji for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a circle, enclosing the face of the emoji.
Easy Tongue Out Emoji Drawing - Step 2
2. On one side of the face, draw a small circle and shade within it. This forms the open eye. On the other side, draw a winking eye. Use two short, curved lines, connected at the tips, to form a crescent shape. Shade within this shape.
Easy Tongue Out Emoji Drawing - Step 3
3. Use a short, curved line to draw an eyebrow above each eye. Notice that the eyebrow above the winking eye is slightly higher than the other, and set at a different angle. This adds to the emoji's playful expression.
Easy Tongue Out Emoji Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the mouth. Begin with a long, "U" shaped line. Then, connect the two tips of the "U" using a straight line. The mouth should resemble a half circle.
Easy Tongue Out Emoji Drawing - Step 5
5. Extending from the top of the mouth, enclose the tongue using a long, "U" shaped line. Erase guide lines from the mouth as necessary. Texture the tongue by drawing a straight line down the middle.
Easy Tongue Out Emoji Drawing - Step 6
6. Color your emoji. Many emojis are shaded yellow, in classic smiley face style. Others, like the one in our example, can come in any color you could imagine.
Check out our other fun emoji drawing tutorials today.
Tongue Out Emoji Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).