Learn how to draw a great looking Wine Glass with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Wine Glass.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
"Who makes grass grow for the cattle and vegetation for man's labor... letting wine make a man's heart merry."
- Psalm 104:14, 15, The Bible in Living English
Wine has left an indelible mark on human history and culture. This fermented beverage has been consumed since ancient times. Some historical references to wine date back more than 6,000 years.
Wine glasses or goblets are called stemware and consist of three parts - the foot, the stem, and the bowl. The opening at the top of the glass is small in order to concentrate the fragrance or "bouquet" of the wine.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Wine glasses have many cultural associations. Many people link wine glasses with riches and wine culture, fancy dinners, dates, and weddings.
Wine and wine glasses also have religious connotations. Libations, or the ritual of pouring out a drink offering to a deity, were common in ancient times. Some Jewish traditions include reciting a blessing over wine.
Various Christian denominations use wine in the rite of Eucharist or the Lord's Evening Meal, as well as in sacrament rites. The wine glass is thus depicted along with bread, usually of the unleavened sort. At times, the wine goblet has also been a symbol of poison and murder.
Would you like to draw a cartoon of a glass of wine? This easy, step-by-step cartoon object drawing tutorial is here to show you how.
All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. Red or white? Create the perfect pairing with your crayons, colored pencils, or markers.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Table, Salad, and Chair.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Wine Glass
How to Draw a Great Looking Wine Glass for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a circle. This will help you to sketch the shape of the glass.
Easy Wine Glass Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a horizontal oval intersecting the top of the circle. This forms the opening at the top of the glass.
Easy Wine Glass Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a straight, vertical line extending from the bottom of the circle. This will help you to form the stem of the wine glass. Then, draw an oval around the bottom of the line. This forms the glass's base.
Easy Wine Glass Drawing - Step 4
4. Erase the unnecessary lines of the original circle, above and within the horizontal oval.
Easy Wine Glass Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a long, curved line from one side of the horizontal oval, around the bottom of the circle, to the opposite side of the oval. This outlines the shape of the glass.
Easy Wine Glass Drawing - Step 6
6. Erase the remaining guide lines of the original circle. Then, draw a pair of curved lines downward from the bottom of the glass. The lines should converge but not touch, stopping before they reach the glass's base. Then, draw a partial circle connecting these lines and intersecting the base. Draw a "V" shape where the vertical line meets the base. These additions detail the glass's stem.
Easy Wine Glass Drawing - Step 7
7. Use a curved line to enclose an irregular rounded shape below the partial circle at the bottom of the stem.
Add More Details to Your Wine Glass Picture - Step 8
8. Erase the vertical guide line and any overlapping lines from the stem and base. Then, draw two curved lines near the top of the glass. This indicates the liquid held in the glass.
Complete the Outline of Your Wine Glass Drawing - Step 9
9. Make the glass and the wine within it glimmer by drawing additional curved shapes. Place these pointed shapes on the base of the glass, on the top of the wine, and on the side of the wine.
Color Your Wine Glass Drawing
Color your wine glass. Red wine is deep burgundy in color, rosé is pink, and white wine is a light yellow.
Then, pair this fine wine with some dinner as found in our cartoon objects drawing guides, and set the table for your favorite people.
For more great Drawing Ideas tutorials, see the 100 Easy and Fun Drawing Ideas post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Wine Glass Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).