Learn how to draw a great looking Princess Leia with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Princess Leia.
"Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope."
- Princess Leia, Star Wars - Episode IV: A New Hope
Princess Leia Organa made her film debut in 1977. In the time since, she discovered she was actually a Skywalker - Luke's twin sister and the daughter of Darth Vader - married Han Solo, had at least one child (depending on which canon you're reading), lead the rebellion to numerous victories, and even earned a rare spot as a Disney princess.
As an infant, Leia was adopted by Bail Organa, a politician and a member of the royal family of Alderaan.
Leia was thus raised as a princess, trained in diplomacy, and groomed for a career in galactic politics. She would become a member of the Imperial Senate.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
By her teens, Princess Leia was already leading secret missions on behalf of the Rebellion. When captured by the Empire, she courageously endured torture and the tragedy of seeing her homeworld, Alderaan, destroyed.
Her courage didn't end there - at various times, she's taken on Imperial troops, vile gangsters, alien creatures, and even survived the cold of outer space for a time with the help of the Force.
Would you like to draw Princess Leia? This easy, step-by-step Star Wars character drawing guide can show you how. All you will need is a pen, pencil, or marker and a sheet of paper.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Princess Leia
How to Draw a Great Looking Princess Leia for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a curved line to outline Leia's face.
Easy Princess Leia Drawing - Step 2
2. Sketch a rounded rectangular shape above the face using curved lines. Notice that the lower side of the shape is made from an overlapping series of short lines. Then, detail the shape with lines of different lengths. This indicates one side of Leia's hair, which is parted in the middle.
Easy Princess Leia Drawing - Step 3
3. Use curved lines to outline the irregular shape that is the other half of Leia's parted hair. Again, texture it with curved lines.
Easy Princess Leia Drawing - Step 4
4. Uses a series of overlapping curved lines to draw the bun on the side of Leia's head. Notice that the bun is in three twisted sections. Texture each section with curved lines.
Easy Princess Leia Drawing - Step 5
5. Use curved lines to outline the bun on the opposite side of the head. Again, notice the three sections and the texturing of the curved lines.
Easy Princess Leia Drawing - Step 6
6. Extend two short lines beneath the head, forming the neck. Use curved lines to enclose a curved shape at the base of the neck, forming the collar of the garment. Notice the overlapping lines at the sides of the collar, indicating ripples in the cloth. Then, extend lines outward, forming the shoulders.
Easy Princess Leia Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw curved lines downward from the shoulders, outlining the arms. Use curved lines to outline the torso. Then, use a number of lines to indicate the seams at the shoulders and the lay of the material throughout the garment.
Add More Details to Your Princess Leia Picture - Step 8
8. Detail Princess Leia's face. Draw large, round eyes, each with a small circle inside them. Use curved lines at the top to contour the eyes, and short lines beneath to indicate eyelashes. Enclose a curved shape above each eye, forming the brows, and use a curved line to indicate the nose.
Complete the Outline of Your Princess Leia Drawing - Step 9
9. Use curved lines to draw the smiling mouth, the teeth, and the chin.
Color Your Princess Leia Drawing
Color Princess Leia. She wears a white gown and has brown hair.
Now is the time to sharpen your skills, young padawan. You can learn to draw Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Darth Maul, the droid BB-8, Yoda, Boba Fett, and other Star Wars characters.
May the Force be with you!
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Princess Leia Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).