Learn how to draw a great looking Anime Girl Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Anime Girl Face.
Anime is a popular style of cartoon animation. It can be hand drawn or computer generated. Anime can be recognized by the large, expressive, often rectangular eyes of its characters, as well as the spiked nature of many hairstyles.
Anime's history dates back to at least 1917, when the first known Japanese animation was produced. Today, this art has grown to include more than 400 production studios.
Not only do they produce cartoons for children, but dramas, romances, and action series for adults as well.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The love of anime has grown far beyond manga comic books and animated cartoons. Many fans dress as their favorite characters, acting out battles or scenes in a hobby called cosplay.
In Japan, otaku, or anime fan culture, extends as far as themed restaurants staffed by costumed employees. Fans desire to enter real spaces that mimic their favorite fictional worlds as closely as possible.
Would you like to draw an anime girl face in 3/4 view? This easy, step-by-step drawing tutorial is here to help. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper.
Step by Step Instructions for Drawing an Anime Girl
How to Draw a Great Looking Anime Girl Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a circle. This will form the basic outline of the face.
Easy Anime Girl Face Drawing - Step 2
2. Use a curved line to sculpt the pointed shape of the chin and the oval shape of the ear, beneath the original circle.
Easy Anime Girl Face Drawing - Step 3
3. Erase the guide lines of the original circle, leaving a clean outline of the face.
Easy Anime Girl Face Drawing - Step 4
4. Sketch in the hair. Use a long, curved line to outline the hair above the head. Then, use a series of curved lines, meeting in sharp points, to craft the locks of hair hanging about the face. Each lock should be shaped roughly like a narrow, curved triangle. Note that some overlap others.
Easy Anime Girl Face Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a squiggly line across the ear, indicating the inner ear's detail. Then, extend two curved lines downward from the head to form the neck. Draw a "V" shaped line at the base of the neck, forming the collar of the shirt. Then, use curved lines to draw the shoulders.
Easy Anime Girl Face Drawing - Step 6
6. Continue to sketch the hair. On each side of the neck, use long and short curved lines to sketch the locks, allowing the lines to meet in sharp, curving points. At the back of the head, draw two circles. This forms a hair barrette. Draw polka dot circles upon it. Then, draw a pigtail emerging from the barrette. To draw the pigtail, use curved lines that meet in sharp points.
Easy Anime Girl Face Drawing - Step 7
7. Erase guide lines from the hair.
Add More Details to Your Anime Girl Face Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the eyes. For each eye, draw a short curved line to form the bottom lid, and a longer, thickly shaded line for the top lid. Use short lines to add more detail to the top lid. Then, draw an irregular curved shape connected each set of lids. Above each eye, draw a thick, curved line to form the eyebrow.
Complete the Outline of Your Anime Girl Face Drawing - Step 9
9. Within each eye, draw an oval. Then, draw a smaller, narrow oval within this shape. Shade the larger oval to form the pupil of the eye. Draw a small, sideways "V" shaped line to indicate the nose. Draw a wide curve to form the smiling mouth, and two smaller curved lines to indicate the chin. Finally, texture the hair by drawing curved lines at the base of the pigtail.
Color Your Anime Girl Face Drawing
10. Color your anime girl. Be creative - anime characters often have vibrantly shaded hair.
For more great Anime drawing tutorials, see the 31 Easy and Fun Anime Drawing Ideas post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Anime Girl Face Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).