Learn how to draw a great looking Angel with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Angel.
Would you like to draw an angel? This easy, step-by-step angel drawing guide can show you how.
According to one Bible encyclopedia, the word angel means "messenger." They have wings that represent their ability to move anywhere at great speeds. They also have special powers that they use to help people.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know? In the Bible, materialized angels always appeared as men. In medieval Europe, however, angels were painted with long hair and feminine facial features.
You can see an example in this drawing of Jesus' face. You can decide whether the angel in this tutorial is male or female.
The angel in this illustration also has a ring-shaped halo above its head. This depiction of power and holiness was adopted from ancient pictures of sun gods.
Baby angels like this Cupid drawing were also adopted from these mythologies.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Angel
How to Draw a Great Looking Angel for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the angel outline by drawing her face. Use curved lines to outline the face, rimmed with hair, and for the eyebrows, eyelids, nose, and smiling mouth. Draw two small circles to indicate the eyes.
Easy Angel Drawing - Step 2
2. Continue drawing the hair using long curved lines. Draw some individual locks, using pairs of curved lines that meet at points.
Easy Angel Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a "V" shaped line below the head, forming the neck of the robes. Then, use overlapping curved lines to sketch the shoulders and the first of the sleeves.
Easy Angel Drawing - Step 4
4. Use overlapping lines to create the oval-shaped opening of the sleeve, as well as the arm extending from it and the hand.
Easy Angel Drawing - Step 5
5. Use overlapping curved lines to draw the remaining sleeve and its accompanying arm.
Easy Angel Drawing - Step 6
6. Use overlapping curved lines to draw the hand, thumb extended but fingers curled. Contour the draping garment with long curved lines.
Easy Angel Drawing - Step 7
7. Complete the garment using a series of overlapping curved lines. Then, draw a halo above the head. For the halo, draw an oval inside another oval.
Add More Details to Your Angel Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the first of the angel's wings. Use a long curved line for the top of the wing and a series of "U" shaped lines for the bottom of the wing. Then texture the wings with additional curved lines.
Learn more about how to draw angel wings here.
Complete the Outline of Your Angel Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw the remaining wing. Again, use a long curved line for the top of the wing and a series of "U" shaped lines for the bottom of the wing. Then texture the wings with additional curved lines.
Color Your Angel Drawing
Your cartoon angel outline is now complete. Color your character. Angels are usually depicted with white garments and wings. The halo is usually yellow or gold in color.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Angel Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).