Learn how to draw a great looking Anime Chibi Girl with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Anime Chibi Girl.
The term "chibi" is derived from a Japanese verb meaning "to become shorter." It is a style of caricature that features its subject in an exaggerated way.
Chibi "are small and chubby, with stubby limbs and oversized heads to make them resemble children." The word chibi can also be translated as "little" or "cute."
Chibi has become popular due to its use in anime and manga. When drawing a chibi character, the head usually takes up one third to one half of the cartoon's height.
The design, including the features of the face, is also simplified and less detailed when compared to other drawing styles.
Chibi drawing styles are used occasionally in non-chibi cartoons to achieve a comedic effect. The chibi character is often expressing a strong emotion, such as anger or infatuation.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw a chibi cartoon? This easy, step-by-step cartoon character drawing tutorial can show you how. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Anime Chibi Girl
How to Draw a Great Looking Anime Chibi Girl for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by using a large, curved line to draw the shape of the head. This irregular rounded shape should have two parts - the bulge of the forehead and the bulge of the cheeks.
Easy Anime Chibi Girl Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the girl's hair. First, draw a long curved line parallel to the top of the head. Then, use curved lines of various lengths to draw locks of hair within the shape of the head, covering the face. The lines should meet at jagged points. Then, connect the exterior curved line to the hair covering the face using short lines that meet at jagged points.
Easy Anime Chibi Girl Drawing - Step 3
3. Erase the original lines from within the hair.
Easy Anime Chibi Girl Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a headband holding back the hair. Use two curved lines to enclose a curved shape, pointed on both ends.
Easy Anime Chibi Girl Drawing - Step 5
5. Extend two short curved lines beneath the head to form the neck. Then, draw the collar of the garment. Extend a short straight line from each side of the neck. Then, draw curved lines to form two curved triangle shapes. The triangles should meet at the base of the neck. Beneath their tips, draw a small circle to form the knot in a scarf. Below this, enclose two pointed shapes using curved lines.
Easy Anime Chibi Girl Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the girl's shirt. Extend pairs of long curved lines to form the arms, and connect them at the bottom with a curved line. Draw a long curved line between the sleeves, enclosing the bottom of the shirt. Band each sleeve with a pair of curved lines. Then, use curved and "U" shaped lines to draw the hands.
Easy Anime Chibi Girl Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the skirt. Enclose a curved rectangle below the shirt. Band it with pairs of vertical lines.
Add More Details to Your Anime Chibi Girl Picture - Step 8
8. Draw each leg using a long, curved line. Allow the line to double back upon itself. Band each leg with curved lines to indicate the top and cuff of the sock, the top of the shoe, and the toe of the shoe.
Complete the Outline of Your Anime Chibi Girl Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw the chibi girl's face. Enclose several ovals within one another to form the eyes. Shade one in each to indicate the pupils. Use curved lines to draw the eyebrows, eyelids, and smiling mouth.
Color Your Anime Chibi Girl Drawing
Color your chibi anime girl. Anime characters often have unusual hair and eye colors, so be creative.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Anime Chibi Girl Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).