A beginner-friendly guide to learning how to draw a great-looking Anime Girl in Side Profile with Curly Hair and a Hair Bow with easy, step by step drawing instructions and video tutorial. Great for beginner artists!
We've talked a lot about anime hair and faces in other easy drawing guides. Now, it is time to test those skills with a special challenge.
In this easy anime drawing tutorial, we'll sketch an anime girl in a side profile. She'll have a medium-length curly hairstyle, and her hair will be partially pulled back to reveal her ear. To top it all off, we'll draw a beautiful bow in her hair.
Let's get started!
Related anime drawing tutorials:
Step-by-Step Tutorial for Drawing an Anime Girl in Side Profile with Curly Hair and a Hair Bow
Let's combine what we've learned about drawing anime facial features and manga hair.
Anime Girl in Side Profile with Curly Hair and a Hair Bow drawing - Step 1
1. Sketch the outline of the head in profile. Use a long curved line to trace the neck, head, and facial features.
Then, use a shorter line to outline the ear. Detail inside it with another curved line.
Anime Girl in Side Profile with Curly Hair and a Hair Bow drawing - Step 2
2. Use the contours of the profile outline as a guide for placing the eyes. Align the round pupil with the indentation below the brow bone. Allow the eyelid and lashes to extend above it. Center the curved eyebrow directly above the eye.
Use short, downturned curved lines to detail the nostril and the mouth. Then, detail within the ear using more curved lines. Draw a tiny circle on the earlobe to indicate a stud earring.
Anime Girl in Side Profile with Curly Hair and a Hair Bow drawing - Step 3
3. Begin sketching the bangs and the hair in front of the ear. Use curved lines that meet at points. The bangs should be centered over the line of the forehead, extending beyond it.
Note the curly wisp of hair in front of the ear.
Anime Girl in Side Profile with Curly Hair and a Hair Bow drawing - Step 4
4. Use overlapping curved lines to draw the flattened oval shape of the hair on top of the head. Texture it with additional curved lines. At the back of the head, extend a long curved line to begin the length of the hair.
From the point where the ponytailed and loose hair meets, draw sets of curved lines that meet at gentle points. These form the bow pulling back the hair.
Anime Girl in Side Profile with Curly Hair and a Hair Bow drawing - Step 5
5. Use a series of curved lines that meet at points to outline the curly hair and to texture within it. Further texture the hair by drawing short curved lines.
Anime Girl in Side Profile with Curly Hair and a Hair Bow drawing - Step 6
6. Erase as necessary.
Anime Girl in Side Profile with Curly Hair and a Hair Bow drawing - Step 7
Color your drawing.
What to draw next?
Your anime girl is all dressed up and ready to go. But you don't have to be done with your drawing session yet.
Perhaps she has special powers and she can transform herself into an elf or fairy (with the anime elf ears). How would she look then?
When you are satisfied with the face of this character, continue to this tutorial where you'll learn how to draw an anime body.
We have a huge collection of anime drawing guides. We have collected all our easy anime drawings for beginners on this page. These easy, step-by-step drawing tutorials will have you drawing anime characters in no time!
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Printable Drawing Tutorial
This printable is for members only. Join now!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).