A beginner-friendly guide to learning how to draw a great-looking Anime Shirt with easy, step by step drawing instructions and video tutorial. Great for beginner artists!
No garment is more ordinary or adaptable than a simple button-down shirt or blouse. You can outfit your characters in the classic style by using this easy, step-by-step tutorial to learn how to draw an anime shirt.
Everyone loves an anime or manga character who wears an outlandish costume - but these stories include ordinary people in ordinary clothes as well.
Step-by-Step Tutorial for Drawing an Anime Shirt
Although this shirt is depicted on an anime woman's body, men also wear button-down collared shirts.
You can adjust this tutorial to fit an anime man's body by broadening the shoulders, reducing the curvature of the chest, narrowing the hips, and affording the torso a "V" shape.
Anime Shirt drawing - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a "Y" shaped line with crooked arms. This outlines the neck and front opening of the woman's shirt. Then, use curved lines to enclose two parallelogram shapes alongside the neck. This is the shirt's collar.
Anime Shirt drawing - Step 2
2. Use curved lines to draw the woman's chin and neck, and to contour her collar bones.
Anime Shirt drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a diagonal straight line just below the "V" of the collar. Draw a series of small circular buttons along the shirt's placket or fly front. Adjacent to the unbuttoned buttons, use short curved lines to indicate the button holes.
Anime Shirt drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the first sleeve. Use overlapping curved lines to contour the fabric. The sleeve culminates in a rolled cuff. Use overlapping curved lines to enclose the irregular geometric shape.
Anime Shirt drawing - Step 5
Anime Shirt drawing - Step 6
6. Use overlapping curved lines to enclose the remaining side of the torso, noting the proportions of the woman's body - wider in the chest and hips, narrower at the waist.
Then, draw the woman's remaining shoulder, sleeve, cuff, and arm.
Anime Shirt drawing - Step 7
7. Add a few more details to your drawing. Use curved lines that meet at sharp points to trace the tips of the woman's hair. Draw a belt and belt loops just below the shirt, and contour the material of the shirt with additional curved lines.
Anime Shirt drawing - Step 8
8. Color your cartoon of a woman wearing a shirt. We've left our example white in a classic, timeless style. But you can get creative - button-down blouses come in every color you can imagine.
What to draw next?
She's battle-ready, no doubt, but how should she dress for a day at the office? Can you replace her jeans with slacks and provide her with appropriate footwear?
We have over 100 easy step-by-step guides to help you to draw anime. Use the to make your own anime or manga.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Printable Drawing Tutorial
This printable is for members only. Join now!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).