A beginner-friendly guide to learning how to draw a great-looking Anime Coat with easy, step by step drawing instructions and video tutorial. Great for beginner artists!
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Snowfalls, rain, and windy days set the emotional tone of some anime. You can prepare your character for inclement weather with this anime coat drawing guide.
Below, we'll consider how to stitch an anime jacket together, piece by piece - no sewing machine required.
Step-by-Step Tutorial for Drawing an Anime Coat
This anime and manga coat or jacket is an essential part of your character's wardrobe of anime clothes. Learn how to draw a girl's jacket in this easy, step-by-step tutorial.
Anime Coat drawing - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing two vertical curved lines that nearly meet at the top. This forms the neck and front opening of the jacket.
Anime Coat drawing - Step 2
2. Use curved lines to sketch the four connected triangle shapes of the jacket's collar.
Anime Coat drawing - Step 3
3. Use curved lines to trace the rectangular shape of one side of the jacket.
Anime Coat drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the first of the jacket's arms, again using curved lines to form the rectangular shape. Notice, though, the triangular split of the cuff. Contour the material with a curved line.
Anime Coat drawing - Step 5
5. Use curved lines to trace the rectangular shape of the jacket's remaining side.
Anime Coat drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the second sleeve, a mirror image of the first.
Anime Coat drawing - Step 7
7. Detail the jacket. Draw a curved line between the two sides to indicate the bottom of the jacket's back side.
On each side of the coat, draw a flat, inverted pentagon to indicate the flaps above the pockets. Finally, use a series of short lines along one side of the opening to form the button holes.
Anime Coat drawing - Step 8
8. Draw small, circular buttons along the front of the jacket and on the cuffs.
Anime Coat drawing - Step 9
9. Color your anime jacket. We've shaded ours army green so that it will pair well with combat boots (see the Anime Shoes drawing) and ripped jeans (see How to Draw Ripped Jeans).
The length of the jacket can be adjusted depending on how you do the girl's body and legs drawing. You'll remember that proportionally, the legs should make up just over half of the woman's height.
A short, blazer-style jacket will stop at the hips, while a longer trench coat will cover the legs, even reaching past the knees.
What to draw next?
Want to see this coat in action? It's part of the outfit of this fully clothed anime woman wearing combat boots and ripped jeans, as mentioned above.
Can you add to her attire or change her look with a pleated skirt drawing, dress drawing, or even a anime school uniform drawing?
Want to learn how to draw anime easy and quick? See all our over 100 anime and manga drawing instructions.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Printable Drawing Tutorial
This printable is for members only. Join now!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).