Learn how to draw a great looking Apple Pie with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Apple Pie drawing.
We'll look at the history of this desert and learn how to draw an apple pie.
What is apple pie? Typically, it has two crusts, one on top and one on the bottom, with a baked apple filling in between. The top crust may be decoratively woven like a basket.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The apples are flavored with spices like cinnamon, and the pie may be served with ice cream or whipped cream. In England, it is eaten with Wensleydale cheese.
The oldest known recipe for apple pie dates back to the 1300s, to the time of the famous poet Chaucer in England.
When English colonists set out for the Americas, they brought with them both apple trees (originally native to Asia) and this classic recipe. Today, it remains a traditional American comfort food.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Apple Pie
Apple Pie Drawing - Step 1
1. Draw two long curved lines that meet at a gentle point. This begins the outline of the triangular top of the slice of pie.
Apple Pie Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the pie crust. Use overlapping curved lines.
Apple Pie Drawing - Step 3
3. Complete the crust. Use a series of overlapping curved lines. Extend one down to begin the side of the slice.
Apple Pie Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a long curved line to form the back side and bottom of the slice of pie. Double it back upon itself slightly on the end. Then, use curved lines to contour the crust and top of the pie.
Apple Pie Drawing - Step 5
5. Begin drawing chunks of delicious apple within the pie. Use curved lines to enclose each irregular shape, and draw a curved line across the surface of each to give it a three-dimensional appearance.
Apple Pie Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw more irregular chunks of apple within the pie. Contour the chunks with a curved line.
Apple Pie Drawing - Step 7
7. Outline the back and bottom of the crust using wavy curved lines. Then fill in the remaining space with the irregular shapes of chunks of apple.
Apple Pie Drawing - Step 8
8. Draw a double-pointed shape on top of the pie using two curved lines, and draw another line down its middle. This represents the hole cut in the crust to allow the pie to vent or let off steam as it bakes. Then, draw a few pieces of pie filling that have fallen from the slice. Enclose irregular shapes and contour them with curved lines.
Apple Pie Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw an oval around the bottom of the pie to indicate the plate. Contour the plate with another curved line. Draw several long curved lines above the pie to indicate steam rising from it.
Complete Apple Pie Drawing
Color your cartoon apple pie.
For more great Food drawing tutorials, see the 51 Easy Food Art Projects for Kids post.
Printable Drawing Tutorial
This printable is for members only. Join now!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).