Learn how to draw a great looking Ice Cream with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Ice Cream.
"I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!"
- "Ice Cream," 1920s novelty song
Ice cream, a frozen confection made from sweetened milk, is popular around the world. Its origins are ancient; snow mixed with honey and fruit was sold in the marketplaces in Athens, Greece.
Explorer Marco Polo first brought the idea of "fruit ices" to Europe from China during the 1200s. By the 1600s, successful ice cream shops had been established in France.
Ice cream was first contained in a cone during the 1800s, but it was popularized during the 1904 World's Fair in St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.A. Legend has it that the ice cream vendor ran out of bowls.
He asked a nearby waffle vendor - who was selling little due to the heat - if he could fold his waffles to form a container, and the waffle cone was born.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Ice cream differs in various parts of the world. For example, in Japan, you might find unusual flavors such as sesame seed or sakura flower. In Iran, a frozen dessert is made from vermicelli noodles and rosewater - made with real rose petals - served with pistachio nuts and lime juice.
Specialty shops often make ice cream right before the customer's eyes, using liquid nitrogen to freeze the ingredients quickly.
Would you like to draw an ice cream cone? Now you can, with the help of this simple, step-by-step drawing tutorial.
All you will need is a pen, pencil, or marker and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your ice cream using crayons, colored pencils, or markers.
Step by Step Instructions for Drawing Ice Cream
How to Draw a Great Looking Ice Cream for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a shape like a letter "V" using two straight lines. This outlines the bottom of the ice cream cone.
Easy Ice Cream Drawing - Step 2
2. Connect the top of the "V" using a curved line. Draw another curved line just above it, parallel to the first. Connect the lines using short curved lines at each end. This forms the next portion of the cone.
Easy Ice Cream Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a long, curved line upward from each side of the ice cream cone. This will outline the upper portion of the cone.
Easy Ice Cream Drawing - Step 4
4. Connect the lines using a curved line. Draw another curved line just above it, parallel to the first. Connect the lines using short curved lines at each end. This forms the upper rim of the cone.
Easy Ice Cream Drawing - Step 5
5. Add a scoop of ice cream. Enclose a circular shape, the bottom of which is hidden by the top of the cone.
Easy Ice Cream Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw another incomplete circle, partially hidden by the first. Then, enclose another circular shape between this scoop and the cone.
Easy Ice Cream Drawing - Step 7
7. Add detail to the ice cream cone. Draw two curved, horizontal lines across the middle portion of the cone. Then, use diagonal curved lines to draw a checkerboard pattern across the bottom of the cone.
Add More Details to Your Ice Cream Picture - Step 8
8. Top your ice cream. Enclose an irregular shape at the top of each circle using a wavy, curved line. This indicates a flavorful sauce.
Complete the Outline of Your Ice Cream Drawing - Step 9
9. Enclose small circles and ovals to indicate sprinkles on top of the ice cream. Lightly draw short, curved lines to add texture to the ice cream.
Color Your Ice Cream Drawing
10. Color your ice cream. What flavor do you like best? Chocolate ice cream is usually brown in color; vanilla is white; strawberry is pink. There are plenty of other flavors, too - green mint, orange sorbet, and even blue and yellow Superman ice cream.
If you're eating your dessert first, you may next want to draw a hearty meal. Check out our easy drawing guides for hamburgers, hot dogs, turkey dinners, and more.
For more great Really Easy drawing tutorials, see the 51 Cute Really Easy Designs post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Ice Cream Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).