Learn how to draw a great looking Easy Cartoon Squid with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Easy Cartoon Squid.
Ahoy! Whether you envision a mighty sea monster or a friendly undersea pal, you can learn how to draw an easy cartoon squid with the help of this simple, step-by-step animal drawing tutorial.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Squid are made up of simple curved lines and shapes such as hearts, teardrops, and ovals. In each step, watch for new lines and shapes added in blue, and draw them in your picture.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy Cartoon Squid
How to Draw a Great Looking Easy Cartoon Squid for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the easy cartoon squid outline by drawing the eyes. Draw two ovals with smaller ovals inside them. Extend short curved lines from the corners of the eyes.
Easy Easy Cartoon Squid Drawing - Step 2
2. Use curved lines that double back upon themselves to trace the bottom of the mantle just above the eyes. Extend curved lines downward on each side to outline the squid's face.
Easy Easy Cartoon Squid Drawing - Step 3
3. Extend two long curved lines upward to trace the sides of the mantle.
Easy Easy Cartoon Squid Drawing - Step 4
4. Use two curved lines that meet at a point on top to enclose a partial heart shape around the top of the mantle. Then draw another curved line down its center.
Easy Easy Cartoon Squid Drawing - Step 5
5. Begin drawing the squid's arms. Below the face, draw two long, curved lines and allow them to meet at a gentle point.
Easy Easy Cartoon Squid Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a second arm, a mirror image of the first. Again, draw two long, curved lines and allow them to meet at a gentle point.
Easy Easy Cartoon Squid Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw two more arms, using curved lines that meet at gentle points. The arms should connect to the sides of the face, completely enclosing the body of the animal.
Add More Details to Your Easy Cartoon Squid Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the squid's tentacles. On each side, extend a set of parallel curved lines. Enclose a partial teardrop shape at the end of each. Contour it with a curved line, and draw three oval-shaped suction cups on its surface.
Complete the Outline of Your Easy Cartoon Squid Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw another arm between the existing arms, again using two curved lines that meet at a gentle point. Contour the top of the arms with short curved lines.
Color Your Easy Cartoon Squid Drawing
Your easy cartoon squid outline is now complete. We've colored ours orange - a hue reminiscent of the rare giant squid. But squid come in many colors. Some even change color to blend in with their environment or to communicate with one another!
For more great cute easy things drawing tutorials, see the collection of Simple How to Draw Cute Easy Things Ideas.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Easy Cartoon Squid Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).