Learn how to draw a great looking Angelfish with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Angelfish.
Would you like to draw a delicate angelfish? This easy, step-by-step angelfish drawing tutorial can show you how.
Angelfish come in many shapes and sizes. Some live in the ocean, while others are freshwater fish. Most angelfish have triangle-shaped bodies and long dorsal and anal fins.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The shape of the long fins in this angel fish drawing, along with its stripes and colors, resembles the fish called a Moorish idol. It lives on coral reefs in the pacific ocean.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Angelfish
How to Draw a Great Looking Angelfish for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the angelfish outline by drawing a long curved line. This will form the top of the fish's face and dorsal fin. Then, use curved lines to enclose the arch shape of the eye. Within the eye, draw two successively smaller circles. Shade between them to indicate the pupil.
Easy Angelfish Drawing - Step 2
2. Extend a curved line from the front of the face to form the fish's beaklike snout. Draw a "U" shaped line at the corner of the mouth, then extend another curved line down from the mouth.
Easy Angelfish Drawing - Step 3
3. Use pairs of curved lines that meet at sharp points to enclose the pectoral fins.
Easy Angelfish Drawing - Step 4
4. Use curved lines that meet at a sharp point to enclose the triangle shape of the large anal fin.
Easy Angelfish Drawing - Step 5
5. Use curved lines that meet at points to draw the double-triangle shape of the fish's tail.
Easy Angelfish Drawing - Step 6
6. Use a long curved line to connect the top of the tail to the tip of the dorsal fin, fully enclosing the angelfish outline.
Easy Angelfish Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a curved line around the fish's mouth, from the front of its face to its chin. Then, extend parallel lines from the pectoral fin to the front of the dorsal fin. These are the first of the fish's stripes.
Add More Details to Your Angelfish Picture - Step 8
8. Draw long curved lines across the fish's body, from the dorsal fin to the anal fin.
Complete the Outline of Your Angelfish Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw curved lines from the dorsal fin to the anal fin and along the base of the tail. Texture the tail fin with curved lines.
Color Your Angelfish Drawing
Your angelfish outline is now complete. Angelfish come in many colors, so feel free to get creative!
If you want to shade your fish realistically, color two wide black stripes and a black tail. Leave the rest of the stripes mostly white, but accented with yellow.
For more great sealife drawing tutorials, see the collection of Cute Sealife Drawing Ideas..
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Angelfish Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).