Learn how to draw a great looking Easy City in Two-Point Perspective with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Easy City in Two-Point Perspective.
You can draw an easy city in two-point perspective. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and some paper.
Anyone can create a flat city drawing, with the rectangular fronts of buildings lined up one after another.
You can even do this with famous cities, such as a New York City skyline drawing. But flat drawings are far from realistic.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Have you ever noticed how distant objects appear to grow smaller and then vanish on the horizon?
Drawing in a two-point perspective accomplishes the same thing. You will first establish two points, then lines that overlap these points.
These will serve as guidelines for two streets that disappear along the horizon.
The aspect of this drawing may remind you of the famous Flatiron Building in New York City, a narrow building with streets on each side.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy City in Two-Point Perspective
How to Draw a Great Looking Easy City in Two-Point Perspective for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the easy city in two-point perspective outline by drawing a horizontal line. Draw two points on opposite ends of the line and a vertical line left of the center.
Extend three lines downward from each point. The outer lines should reach the edge of the page, while the inner lines should meet each other in line with the vertical.
Then extend lines above the horizontal from each point to meet at the vertical line.
Draw two more vertical lines across the horizontal, intersecting the diagonal lines. Enclose a rectangular shape to form a doorway.
Easy Easy City in Two-Point Perspective Drawing - Step 2
2. Erase the upper diagonal lines between the points and vertical lines. Erase the horizontal line from the building.
Draw a vertical line in the doorway, and draw two columns of rectangular windows on each side of the building.
Easy Easy City in Two-Point Perspective Drawing - Step 3
3. Use straight lines to enclose a partial pentagon shape on top of the building. Then, draw another building - a rectangular prism - along the uppermost diagonal.
Enclose a rectangle shape on each side of the building, and a triangular prism on top of it. Erase the diagonal line from between the buildings.
Easy Easy City in Two-Point Perspective Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw vertical and diagonal lines to create rectangular windows on the sides of the building. Then, draw another rectangular prism-shaped building along the diagonal.
Draw a short rectangular prism on top of it, then erase the diagonal line between the buildings.
Easy Easy City in Two-Point Perspective Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a rectangle and a half circle on the side of the building, and band both with straight lines.
Then draw two more buildings on the opposite diagonal. Detail one building with rectangles on the side.
Easy Easy City in Two-Point Perspective Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw one more building, and detail them all with vertical or cross-hatched lines to form windows.
Easy Easy City in Two-Point Perspective Drawing - Step 7
7. Next, draw a round tower above the other buildings. Extend parallel, vertical lines from the tops of the buildings. Connect them with curved lines.
Draw two shorter sets of parallel lines connected by curved lines. Draw a straight, vertical line with a circle on top.
Band the building with straight vertical lines and curved horizontal lines to form windows. Then, draw successively smaller rectangles down the center of one street.
Add More Details to Your Easy City in Two-Point Perspective Picture - Step 8
8. Draw trees alongside the streets, erasing as necessary. Use an oval for the base, parallel lines for the trunk, and connected curved lines for the leafy top.
Then, draw a pair of lines on the sidewalk in front of each building.
Complete the Outline of Your Easy City in Two-Point Perspective Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw more trees and potted plants. Draw clouds in the sky using straight and curved lines.
Color Your Easy City in Two-Point Perspective Drawing
Your easy two-point city outline is now complete. Color your city however you’d like.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Easy City in Two-Point Perspective Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).