Learn how to draw a great looking Old Man with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Old Man.
"Before gray hair you shall stand up, and honor an old man’s face."
- Leviticus 19:32, Byington
Gerontology is the study of aging and the elderly. Scientists study the "progressive changes that take place in a cell, a tissue, an organ system, a total organism, or a group of organisms with the passage of time."
The physical aging process results in loss of strength, memory, and ability. Yet, in many cultures throughout history, advanced age has been regarded as a reason for respect and honor.
Because of their ample life experience, the oldest members of a group, village, or tribe were sought for advice and guidance.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Are you creating your family tree? Would you like to draw a cartoon of an old man? You can use this step-by-step drawing tutorial to learn how. What will you need? Have a pen, pencil or marker handy.
You may also want to color your finished cartoon.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Old Man
How to Draw a Great Looking Old Man for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing the man's large "U" shaped nose. Then, outline the glasses above it. Use curved lines to outline the rectangular lenses and the curved nosepiece.
Easy Old Man Drawing - Step 2
2. Use curved lines to outline a rounded rectangle within each lens, differentiating the lens from the frame. Inside the frames, shade circles to indicate the pupils. Contour the eye with a curved line below each pupil. Then, use a series of "U" shaped lines of different sizes to enclose the shape of the mustache. Draw a short curved line beside it to indicate the smiling mouth, with another curved line at the corner.
Easy Old Man Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a long curved line to outline the bald head. Use curved lines to enclose the teardrop-shaped eyebrows, and to draw the wrinkles on the forehead, the earpieces of the glasses, and the fluffy hair above the ear.
Easy Old Man Drawing - Step 4
4. Use curved lines to outline the ear, the hair in front of the ear, details inside the ear, the back of the neck, and the chin.
Easy Old Man Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a short line for the front of the neck. Then, use curved lines to draw the triangular collars of the shirt. Draw a small circle between them to indicate a button. Use pairs of curved lines to sketch the shoulders, upper arms, and lower arms.
Easy Old Man Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a bean shape at the end of one arm to form the top of the cane. Then, use overlapping curved lines to draw the hand, fingers, and thumb. Below the hand, extend a long curved line to outline one side of the cane.
Easy Old Man Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a long curved line parallel to the first, and connect them at the bottom, enclosing the shape of the cane. Draw a curved line across the bottom to indicate the rubber tip. Then, use a curved line to outline the torso of the shirt. Use curved lines to contour the fabric of the shirt, begin outlining the pants, and sketch the hand on the hip.
Add More Details to Your Old Man Picture - Step 8
8. Use overlapping curved lines to sketch the pant leg. Note the contour of the knee and the folds at the ankle. Next, use a curved line to outline the irregular shape of the shoe. Then, draw a curved line parallel to the bottom of the shoe to indicate the sole.
Complete the Outline of Your Old Man Drawing - Step 9
9. Use overlapping curved lines to draw the remaining pant leg. Again, note the contour of the knee and the folds of the fabric. Then, use a curved line to outline the irregular shape of the shoe. Draw a curved line parallel to the bottom of the shoe to indicate the sole.
Color Your Old Man Drawing
Color your cartoon caricature of an old man.
For more great Cartoons drawing tutorials, see the 51 Easy and Fun Cartoons Drawing Ideas post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Old Man Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).