Learn how to draw a great looking X-Ray with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect X-Ray.
Would you like to learn how to draw an X-ray? This easy, step-by-step human body drawing tutorial will show you how.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
An X-ray consists of a rectangular border, the bones, and an outline of the skin around them. In this case, the X-ray is of a hand. Don't forget to check out this skeleton hand drawing.
Ready to enhance your skills even more? Put some flesh on those bones and learn how to draw a hand and hand gestures.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an X-Ray
How to Draw a Great Looking X-Ray for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon X-ray outline by drawing the bones of the wrist. Start at the bottom of your drawing, and enclose two irregular shapes that flow beyond the edge of the page. Then, enclose another irregular shape on top of one of the previous shapes.
Easy X-Ray Drawing - Step 2
2. Enclose a series of five more small, irregular round shapes in a roughly oval pattern.
Easy X-Ray Drawing - Step 3
3. Next, draw the long bones of the hand. Use curved lines to enclose rectangular shapes that are narrower in the middle and bulbous at the ends.
Easy X-Ray Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw one more long bone, bulbous on each end. Then begin drawing the finger bones on top of it. Use curved lines to enclose a classic dog bone shape.
Easy X-Ray Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a rounded triangular-shaped bone at the tip of the pointer finger. Then, draw the bones of the middle finger. Draw two classic bone shapes followed by a rounded triangle.
Easy X-Ray Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the bones of the ring finger. Draw two classic bone shapes followed by a rounded triangle.
Easy X-Ray Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the bones of the pinky finger - two classic bone shapes followed by a rounded triangle. Then, on the opposite side of the hand, begin drawing the base of the thumb. Draw a rectangular shape that is bulbous on each end.
Add More Details to Your X-Ray Picture - Step 8
8. Finish the thumb with a classic bone shape and a rounded triangle. Then, begin outlining the tissue of the hand. Use a long curved line to trace parallel to the wrist and thumb.
Complete the Outline of Your X-Ray Drawing - Step 9
9. Continue to draw the outline of the tissue parallel to the fingers and side of the hand until it reaches past the wrist to the edge of the drawing.
Color Your X-Ray Drawing
Your cartoon X-ray outline is now complete. Color your drawing. Don't forget, the bones should appear white, the tissue around them a bit darker, and the rest of the outline should be dark and opaque.
For more great human body drawing tutorials, see the collection of How to Draw Human Body for Kids.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
X-Ray Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).