Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Ear with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Ear.
Can you hear me now? Good! You can learn how to draw a cartoon ear with the help of this easy, step-by-step human anatomy drawing guide.
The ear is an irregular shape made up of curved lines. The lines intersect and overlap. You can also use shading with darker and lighter skin tones to give the drawing a three-dimensional effect.
How can you use your cartoon ear? Create your own character, make a funny costume for yourself, or illustrate your next school science project. You can learn the names of each part of the ear as you follow the steps below.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
There, you'll find ears of different sizes, ears with earrings, and even pointed ears like those of elves or Vulcans from Star Trek.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Ear
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Ear for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon ear outline by drawing a long, curved, line. This outlines the top of the ear, a part of the ear known as the helix.
Easy Cartoon Ear Drawing - Step 2
2. Extend the bottom of the line to form the bulge of the earlobe.
Easy Cartoon Ear Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a "C" shaped line in the middle of the ear. This begins the area called the external auditory meatus, the tissue around the opening of the ear canal.
Easy Cartoon Ear Drawing - Step 4
4. Extend the bottom of the "C" shaped line to form an incomplete peanut shape. This outlines the intertragal notch above the earlobe and the tragus, the rounded, triangular tissue that extends to partially cover the ear canal.
Easy Cartoon Ear Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a large "C" shaped line near the top of the ear. This forms the bottom edge of the helix and the top of the antihelix.
Easy Cartoon Ear Drawing - Step 6
6. From the "C" shaped line, extend another curved line. This outlines the bottom of the antihelix and the outer edge of the concha, the depression surrounding the ear canal.
Easy Cartoon Ear Drawing - Step 7
7. Extend another curved line from the "C" shaped line and double it back upon itself. This outlines a depression known as the triangular fossa.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Ear Picture - Step 8
8. Draw another curved line just below the "C" shaped line. This forms the remaining side of the antihelix.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Ear Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a curved line parallel to the outer edge of the ear, further detailing the helix. Draw a curved line within the peanut shape to indicate the opening of the ear canal.
Color Your Cartoon Ear Drawing
Your cartoon ear outline is now complete. Color your drawing.
For more great human body drawing tutorials, see the collection of Easy Human Body Drawings for Kids.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Ear Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).