Learn how to draw a great looking Man for Kids with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Man for Kids.
Finishing this cartoon may be one small step for man and one giant leap for your sketchbook. Learn how to draw a man with the aid of this easy, step-by-step cartoon character drawing tutorial.
Many artists feel that drawing people is a challenge. What about you?
One Reddit user put it this way: "Drawing people is the hardest thing to learn, because humans are very good at detecting whether something is off about an imitation of a human."
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
And that's true. When an illustration is almost lifelike but not quite, it is said to fall into the uncanny valley. That is why it is good to start with cartoon illustrations like this one.
Cartoons aren't meant to be fully lifelike, but they do help you learn skills you will use in later, more detailed portraits.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Man for Kids
How to Draw a Great Looking Man for Kids for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the man outline by drawing his face. Use a long curved line, doubled back on itself, to draw the nose. For the eye, use two lines for the lids and two more between them to enclose a partial oval shape. Shade an oval pupil within the eye, and contour the upper lid with a short curved line.
Easy Man for Kids Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the remaining eye. Use three curved lines to enclose its rectangular shape alongside the nose. Use curved lines for the eyelid, eyebrows, smiling mouth, and chin dimple.
Easy Man for Kids Drawing - Step 3
3. Outline the face, ear, and hair using a series of overlapping curved lines. Note the “C” shape of the ear, the contouring within it, the jagged lines at the front of the hair, and how it doubles back upon itself.
Easy Man for Kids Drawing - Step 4
4. Use curved lines to draw the remaining ear and sideburns, and to texture the hair on top of the head. Then, extend two short lines below the head to form the neck, and connect them with a “V” shaped line. Enclose a nearly complete triangle shape on both sides of the “V.” This is the collar of the man’s shirt.
From one side of the collar, extend an “L” shaped line to become the waving arm.
Easy Man for Kids Drawing - Step 5
5. Complete the arm, sleeve opening, and hand using curved lines.
Easy Man for Kids Drawing - Step 6
6. Finish drawing the hand, then use long curved lines to draw the remaining arm, bent to place the hand on the hip. Note the curved lines that indicate the bend of the elbow.
Easy Man for Kids Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw long curved lines slightly overlapping the underarms, forming the torso. Use curved lines to draw the fist between the sleeve and the hip. Mark the bend of the remaining elbow with short curved lines.
Add More Details to Your Man for Kids Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a short line to form the seam where the sleeve meets the shoulder. Use a line, a “V” shaped line, and another line to connect the ends of the shirt. Then, use long curved lines to enclose the legs of the pants, as well as the irregular shape of a shoe at the bottom.
Complete the Outline of Your Man for Kids Drawing - Step 9
9. Enclose the remaining shoe, and draw short lines for laces across the top of both. Then, draw several circular buttons down the middle of the shirt.
Color Your Man for Kids Drawing
Your cartoon man outline is now complete. You can color his hair, face, and clothing to create your own character or to look like someone you know.
For more great human body drawing tutorials, see the collection of Simple Human Body Art Projects.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Man for Kids Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).