A beginner-friendly guide to learning how to draw a great-looking Anime Female Legs with easy, step by step drawing instructions and video tutorial. Great for beginner artists!
Some anime and manga characters run fast, dance, or fly. Others stomp angrily, march in an army, or walk slowly yet gain on the heroes they are pursuing.
One thing is for sure - no matter how they use their legs, your characters need them!
This anime female legs drawing will show you how to get your characters up and moving.
First, look again at the body proportions in the anime girl body base drawing. Often the legs of anime characters make up nearly half their total height.
In this drawing guide, we focus only on drawing anime girl's legs.
Are you ready? Below, you will find a step-by-step anime legs tutorial for beginners.
Step-by-Step Tutorial for Drawing Anime Female Legs
Anime Female Legs drawing - Step 1
1. Draw three equally spaced horizontal guidelines.
Anime Female Legs drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a curved line passing through the top grid line and terminating at the middle line. Draw another curved line between these two grid lines.
Finally, draw a shorter curved line above the top grid line, and allow it to pass below it. This forms the basic outline of the girl's hips and the thigh of the nearer leg.
Anime Female Legs drawing - Step 3
3. Extend the leg using long curved lines. Note the slight overlap just below the knee cap, as well as the short line that indicates the ankle.
Anime Female Legs drawing - Step 4
4. Halfway between the two guidelines, band the leg with two curved lines. This is the top of the girl's sock or stocking.
Then, use a series of curved lines to draw the foot. The heel of the shoe should meet the lower guideline. Turn the front of the shoe upward to indicate motion. Contour the knee with short lines.
Anime Female Legs drawing - Step 5
5. Erase the grid. Draw the second leg using long curved lines. This leg passes behind the first. Use another curved line to contour the body where it meets the leg.
Anime Female Legs drawing - Step 6
6. Draw curved lines across the top of the second leg, and draw the foot and shoe at the bottom. Notice how the foot is bent in mid-step.
Anime Female Legs drawing - Step 7
7. Draw two wide "V" shaped lines across the torso to outline the top of the skirt. Extend curved lines below the "V" to outline the sides of the skirt.
Then, draw the pleated bottom of the skirt, using a series of connected curved lines.
Anime Female Legs drawing - Step 8
8. Erase guidelines from behind the skirt. Draw vertical curved lines across it to form the pleats.
Anime Female Legs drawing - Step 9
9. Color your picture of anime female legs in 3/4 view.
What to draw next?
You've drawn the legs and feet. Now, draw the rest of the anime girl, completing the body, hands, face, and hair. If you need an inspiration, see this 3/4 view wolf girl drawing: How to Draw a Kemonomimi Girl.
See the related drawing guides:
- Anime Body Drawing
- How to Draw Anime Face - Angle Drawing Reference
- How to Draw Anime Girl Hair
- How to Draw Anime Hands
You can find over 100 easy anime and manga sketches in our drawing guide library. These tutorials are easy to follow, and I'll be walking you through each step so that you can create your own anime characters too!
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Printable Drawing Tutorial
This printable is for members only. Join now!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).