Learn how to draw a great looking Bart Simpson with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Bart Simpson drawing.
The Simpsons is the "longest-running animated television series in U.S. history," having been on the air since 1989. Short animated clips appeared as early as 1987.
The Simpsons is a satire of a dysfunctional American family. It is set in the fictional town of Springfield and often comments on pop cultural, social, and political issues.
Bartholomew JoJo Simpson, or Bart for short, is the eldest child of Marge and Homer Simpson. Bart was born on April 1, making him an incorrigible prankster. He is ten years old when the series begins. Bart is famous for catchphrases such as "Ay caramba!", "Eat my shorts!", and "Don't have a cow, man."
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Bart is seen as a reflection of many children. He is very smart, yet he has ADHD and struggles with his schoolwork. His favorite pastimes include watching TV, reading comic books, and playing video games. He was named entertainer of the year in 1990 and has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Would you like to draw Bart Simpson? This easy, step-by-step cartoon character drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Captain Underpants, Darwin Watterson from the Amazing World of Gumball, and Little Pony Rainbow Dash.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Bart Simpson
How to Draw a Great Looking Bart Simpson for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing Bart's head. To draw the sides of the head, use a pair of vertical curved lines. Then, connect them at the top using a zigzag line to form Bart's spikey hair.
Easy Bart Simpson Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the bottom of Bart's face. Use a curved line to extend one side of the head, looping it around beneath the shape to form the upper lip. Draw a curved line beneath it, completing the mouth and the neck. On the opposite side, use a "C" shaped line to form the ear. Detail the inside with additional curved lines. Use a short curved line to complete the neck.
Easy Bart Simpson Drawing - Step 3
3. Use large circles to draw Bart's eyes, one of which should overlap the side of the face. Shade a small circle inside each to form the pupil. Then, use a curved line to draw the nose.
Easy Bart Simpson Drawing - Step 4
4. Erase guide lines where the eyes intersect the side of the face
Easy Bart Simpson Drawing - Step 5
5. Connect the sides of the neck with a curved line, forming the neck of the shirt. Use curved lines to enclose the short sleeves.
Easy Bart Simpson Drawing - Step 6
6. Use curved lines to sketch Bart's folded arms. The lines should meet at sharp points. On top of one arm, enclose several small, overlapping ovals to form Bart's fingers.
Easy Bart Simpson Drawing - Step 7
7. Extend curved lines from below the arms. Connect them using a curved line, enclosing the bottom of the shirt. Then, extend a pair of curved lines downward from each side of the shirt. Extend a short line from each side toward the middle, but don't allow them to meet; one line should culminate above the other. Connect them with a straight line, fully enclosing Bart's shorts.
Add More Details to Your Bart Simpson Picture - Step 8
8. Extend a pair of lines downward from the shorts, forming the leg. Enclose the end using a pair of curved lines that meet on each side. This is the top of the shoe. Enclose the rest of the shoe using curved lines to form a loosely triangular shape. Draw a curved line parallel to the bottom of the shoe to indicate the sole.
Complete the Outline of Your Bart Simpson Drawing - Step 9
9. Repeat this process to draw the remaining leg. Decorate the shoe with a small circle.
Color Your Bart Simpson Drawing
Color Bart Simpson. He is generally yellow in color with a red shirt and blue shorts.
Check out our other cartoon character drawing guides.
Bart Simpson Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).