Learn how to draw a great looking Homer Simpson with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Homer Simpson.
- Homer Simpson
The Simpsons debuted in 1989, and went on to become the longest-running cartoon in history. The satirical comedy captured the hearts of the American public through its depictions of real-world issues and events.
Homer Simpson is one of the show's primary protagonists. He is the husband of Marge Simpson and the father of Bart, Maggie, and Lisa. Homer is named after the father of the series' creator, Matt Groening.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Homer is often depicted as lazy and ignorant, but he has positive qualities as well, including love and devotion to his family and occasional bravery. Homer satirically represents a blue-collar, middle-class, or working-class American. He works at a nuclear power plant and spends his off-hours at Moe's Tavern or watching TV.
Homer and his family have long been considered pop culture icons. Together, they have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Since 1998, Homer's catchphrase of "D'oh!" has appeared in The New Oxford Dictionary of English, and the Oxford English Dictionary since 2001.
Would you like to draw the comical Homer Simpson? This easy, step-by-step cartoon character drawing guide is here to show you how. All you will need is a pencil, pen, or marker and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished character.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Homer Simpson
How to Draw a Great Looking Homer Simpson for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a curved line to form Homer's nose. Resting atop the nose, draw two large circles to outline the eyes. Shade a small circle in each to indicate the pupils.
Easy Homer Simpson Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw Homer's mouth. Extend a curved line from below the eye, looping it below the nose to form the upper lip. Then, double the line back upon itself to form the open mouth. Double it back again to form the lower lip. Then, connect it to the nose. Draw several short, vertical lines between the lips to indicate the teeth.
Easy Homer Simpson Drawing - Step 3
3. Sketch Homer's head. Extend a curved line from the top of one eye, and drape it above the face in a semi-circular shape. Use a "C" shaped line to draw the ear, detailing the inside with short lines. Draw a nearly straight line beneath it to form the neck. Draw curved lines across the top of the head to indicate hair and a small zigzag above the ear for the same reason.
Easy Homer Simpson Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw an "M" shaped line at the base of the neck to begin the collar of the shirt. Then, enclose the rectangular shape of each side of the collar. Use curved lines to draw the bell shape of the sleeve. Extend a pair of curved lines from the sleeve, forming the arm. Enclose the hand using a series of overlapping curved lines.
Easy Homer Simpson Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the side and bottom of the shirt using curved lines.
Easy Homer Simpson Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a curved line from the front of the shirt, forming the top of the pants. From this line and from the hand, extend a pair of lines to form the pant leg. Enclose the bottom with a curved line. Draw another curved line parallel to the first, indicating the cuff.
Easy Homer Simpson Drawing - Step 7
7. Extend a line downward from the front of the pants. Attach it to the other pant leg using two short, curved lines.
Add More Details to Your Homer Simpson Picture - Step 8
8. Enclose the remaining sleeve using curved lines that meet at a point. Then, enclose the arm using a curved line.
Complete the Outline of Your Homer Simpson Drawing - Step 9
9. Use a curved line to enclose the irregular rounded shape of each shoe.
Color Your Homer Simpson Drawing
Color Homer Simpson. He is typically yellow in color. He wears a white shirt and blue pants.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Homer Simpson Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).