Learn how to draw a great looking Darwin Watterson with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Darwin Watterson drawing.
The Amazing World of Gumball debuted on Cartoon Network in 2011. The animated television series is a mashup of traditional animation, puppetry, stop-motion animation, computer-generated images, and more.
Darwin is a goldfish, who happens to be able to walk around on two legs. He was originally given to Gumball as a pet, but was adopted as a full-fledged family member after sprouting legs. His full name is Darwin Raglan Caspian Ahab Poseidon Nicodemius Watterson, III.
Darwin's adoptive family consist of a unique mix of characters rejected from other television cartoons. His mother Nicole and brother Gumball are both blue cats. His father Richard and sister Anais are rabbits.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw Darwin from The Amazing World of Gumball? Now you can, with the help of this simple, step-by-step cartoon character drawing tutorial. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished character.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step by Step Instructions for Drawing Darwin Watterson from the Amazing World of Gumball
How to Draw a Great Looking Darwin Watterson for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing an oval. This will form the basis for Darwin's head.
Easy Darwin Watterson Drawing - Step 2
2. Extend a long, curved line from one side of the oval. Allow it to travel beneath the oval, outlining Darwin's cheek and tail, before connecting to the oval on the opposite side.
Easy Darwin Watterson Drawing - Step 3
3. Extend a curved line from each side of the character, and double it back upon itself to form the fins.
Easy Darwin Watterson Drawing - Step 4
4. Extend two straight lines downward from the character, outlining the leg. Connect them at the bottom using a curved line, enclosing the foot.
Easy Darwin Watterson Drawing - Step 5
5. Extend another pair of straight, parallel lines downward from the body. Enclose them at the bottom using a curved line, forming the foot.
Easy Darwin Watterson Drawing - Step 6
6. Erase guide lines from the character.
Easy Darwin Watterson Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw Darwin's eyes. For each eye, draw a circle within a circle. Shade the smaller circle, indicating the pupil. Draw short lines on the side of each eye, indicating eyebrows. Enclose a curved shape above each eye, forming the eyebrows.
Add More Details to Your Darwin Watterson Picture - Step 8
8. Use a long, curved line to enclose an irregular shape, forming the mouth. Draw an oval within it, indicating the tongue. Draw short lines at the tip of the tail, texturing it.
Complete the Outline of Your Darwin Watterson Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw Darwin's shoes. Draw a pair of lines near the bottom of each leg, forming the top of the shoe. Beneath this, draw an oval. Finally, draw a straight, diagonal line across each foot.
Color Your Darwin Watterson Drawing
Color your character. Since Darwin is a goldfish, he is orange in color.
You'll find more cartoon drawing fun with our extensive list of character drawing guides.
Darwin Watterson Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).