Learn how to draw a great looking Blastoise with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Blastoise.
Blastoise can defend itself with two water cannons, the blasts of which can even penetrate steel. When it mega evolves, Mega Blastoise's water cannon has a range of over six miles.
Its name is a combination of the words "blast" and "tortoise."
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw a brave Blastoise? This easy, step-by-step Pokémon drawing tutorial is here to help. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
Blastoise, I choose you!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Blastoise from Pokémon
How to Draw a Great Looking Blastoise for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing an oval. This will form the top portion of Blastoise’s head. Then, enclose another, slightly larger shape beneath it. The two shapes should appear to overlap. This forms Blastoise’s jaw and snout.
Easy Blastoise Drawing - Step 2
2. Enclose a large oval, with the smaller shapes overlapping it near the top. This outlines Blastoise’s round, turtle-like body.
Easy Blastoise Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw Blastoise’s segmented arms. For the near arm, begin with an open circular shape. Emerging from this, draw an oval shape. Band it with a curved line. Use three rounded triangles to form the fingers, erasing guide lines as necessary. Enclose the far arm emerging from behind the body. Band it with two curved lines, and draw the fingers using small ovals or rounded triangles. For the ears, draw two small triangles on top of the head. Detail the near ear by drawing a smaller triangle within it.
Easy Blastoise Drawing - Step 4
4. Detail the shell. Draw a curved line across the back, beginning behind the head. Double it back upon itself at the bottom of the body. Use a second curved line to enclose the area near the bottom of the body as well as the area encircling the arm.
Easy Blastoise Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw Blastoise’s leg. Begin with a small circle overlapping the bottom of body and shell. Draw three claws or toes beneath it, using a curved triangle for each. Connect the toes to the circle using curved lines.
Easy Blastoise Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the far leg. First, draw an irregular oval shape emerging from behind the body. This forms the armored knee cap. Below this, draw a large, rounded triangle to form the central toe, and smaller triangles for the other toes. Connect the knee, toes, and body using curved lines.
Easy Blastoise Drawing - Step 7
7. Erase guide lines from the head, shell, and legs.
Add More Details to Your Blastoise Picture - Step 8
8. Draw Blastoise’s water blasting weapons. From the border of the shell, draw one curved rectangle within another. Erase guide lines as necessary. Then, enclose an irregular, elongated shape protruding from the rectangle. Enclose two circles, one within the other, at its tip, and band it with a curved line. From behind the head, enclose an irregular, elongate shape. Band it with a straight line.
Complete the Outline of Your Blastoise Drawing - Step 9
9. Detail your Pokémon. Band Blastoise’s belly with two pairs of parallel curved lines. Use two curved lines meeting in a point to enclose the bottom jaw. Place two short lines above the mouth to indicate nostrils. Enclose a narrow, curved triangle to form the eye. Draw a circle to form the iris, with a smaller circle and shaded circle within. Detail the brow using curved lines.
Color Your Blastoise Drawing
10. Color your Blastoise. He is generally depicted in shades of blue and brown.
Are you training to be the next Pokémon master? Learning to draw this and other fantastic Pokémon is a great place to start. Hone your skills with our selection of cartoon character drawing guides, where you'll discover Pikachu, Charizard, and many others. You might even find a few legendary Pokémon!
For more great Pokemon drawing tutorials, see the 18 Simple Pokemon Drawing Ideas post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Blastoise Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).