Learn how to draw a great looking Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story drawing.
"To infinity and beyond!"
- Buzz Lightyear
Buzz Lightyear is a Space Ranger who works for Star Command, protecting the good citizens of the universe from the machinations of the Evil Emperor Zurg. At least that's what Buzz thinks until he realizes that he is actually an action figure. Buzz is given to Andy as a birthday present and soon becomes a respected member of Andy's toys.
In addition to Toy Story and its sequels, Buzz Lightyear has also appeared in other Disney Media, including live performances and an animated series called Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, video games, and cameo appearances in Family Guy, The Simpsons, and other shows.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw Toy Story's Buzz Lightyear? This easy, step-by-step Disney character drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story
How to Draw a Great Looking Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a circle. Beneath it, use a curved line to enclose a larger rounded shape. This will form Buzz Lightyear's face.
Easy Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story Drawing - Step 2
2. Use a long, curved line to enclose a border around much of the face. This indicates Buzz's purple suit.
Easy Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story Drawing - Step 3
3. Enclose the base of the neck in several successively larger irregular ring shapes. This forms the top of Buzz's spacesuit. Use curved lines to enclose additional detailed shapes within the bounds of these rings.
Easy Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story Drawing - Step 4
4. Enclose an irregular shape using a long curved line. Detail the top left corner of the shape with shorter lines. Then, detail the front of the spacesuit. Draw two curved lines that meet at a point across the center of the chest. To one side of these, draw three ovals. Draw a vertical line within each, to one side. On the opposite side of the center, draw a circle and a horizontal rectangle.
Easy Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw Buzz Lightyear's arm, erasing as necessary. To draw the arm, enclose a number of overlapping irregular shapes. Within some of the segments, draw additional irregular shapes, rounded shapes, and circles. Detail the torso. Draw a long, curved line across the middle, and diagonal lines to one side. Draw a series of overlapping curved lines across the bottom half.
Easy Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story Drawing - Step 6
6. Detail Buzz's face. Draw curved lines across the top of the face to contour the suit. Draw large ovals for the eyes, with successively smaller circles inside. Shade the smallest to indicate the pupils. Then, use curved lines to outline the pointed eyebrows, the nose, and the smirking mouth. Draw a spiral line in the middle of the chin to indicate the beard.
Easy Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw Buzz Lightyear's remaining arm. Use curved lines to enclose segments of overlapping irregular shapes. Detail some of the shapes by enclosing smaller shapes within them. Then, use a curved line to enclose a belt beneath the torso. Segment the belt using curved lines.
Add More Details to Your Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story Picture - Step 8
8. Use curved lines to enclose a curved triangle shape beneath the belt. Then, use additional curved lines to enclose the irregular segments that make up Buzz's upper and lower leg, knee, and foot. Detail the segments with additional lines and circles.
Complete the Outline of Your Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw the remaining leg. Begin with a pair of long lines, with a third line between them. Use curved lines to enclose the round shape of the knee and the cuff at the bottom of the leg. Then, enclose the irregular shapes of the foot using curved lines.
Color Your Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story Drawing
Color Buzz Lightyear. His spacesuit is white with green and purple accents.
Then, discover how to draw more of your favorite Disney stars with our cartoon character drawing guides.
Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).